Problem loading my routes into TomTom Go App

To contact Tomtom by chat you must do so during office hours.
Willy, just tried to do this. Have a try yourself, you are moderator on here and a 'walk through' of your suggested TT's customer support system will enlighten you.

How the support works.

When the support box appears and at the bottom with a message option.
Type Contact or Chat in the box.

If chat is available, i.e. during normal working hours Monday to Friday, you should have the option to tap live chat and a Tomtom agent should respond to you.

If it's an after-hours chat, you should be given a messaging option, but you should focus on the chat.

In any case, the problem is known to Tomtom customer service

For your information, not everyone has this synchronization problem, this is my case.

I just had contact with a service person. They know about problem syncing with Android App.
No timelime known at this moment.
"We zijn op de hoogte gesteld van dit probleem, dat onlangs vanwege een bug slechts een klein aantal gebruikers heeft getroffen.

Onze ontwikkelaars pakken dit actief aan. Mijn excuses voor het ongemak en ik verzoek u vriendelijk om uw geduld terwijl we eraan werken om het probleem voor de komende update op te lossen."
In English:
We have been made aware of this issue, which has recently affected only a small number of users due to a bug.

Our developers are actively tackling this. I apologize for the inconvenience and kindly ask for your patience as we work to resolve the issue for the upcoming update.

I have had tips from another service person for my Go Exclusive (different department), see below. That didn't work.
Probeer de cookies en cache van uw browser te wissen en volg dan de onderstaande stappen.
1:45 pm
1. Voer een fabrieksinstellingen uit op de TomTom apparaat
2. Verbind het apparaat na de reset niet met wifi of een netwerk of computer.
3. Houd het apparaat gedurende 10 minuten onder een heldere hemel totdat het een geldig GPS-signaal ontvangt.
4. Probeer na 10 minuten in te loggen op het apparaat met wifi.
5. Stel het wachtwoord van uw TomTom-account opnieuw in
In English
Try clearing your browser's cookies and cache and then follow the steps below.
1:45 p.m
1. Perform a factory reset on the TomTom device
2. Do not connect the device to Wi-Fi or any network or computer after the reset.
3. Hold the device under a clear sky for 10 minutes until it receives a valid GPS signal.
4. After 10 minutes, try to log in to the device with WiFi.
5. Reset your TomTom account password

On another time I will contact via the chat again

I just had contact with a service person. They know about problem syncing with Android App.
No timelime known at this moment.
"We zijn op de hoogte gesteld van dit probleem, dat onlangs vanwege een bug slechts een klein aantal gebruikers heeft getroffen.

Onze ontwikkelaars pakken dit actief aan. Mijn excuses voor het ongemak en ik verzoek u vriendelijk om uw geduld terwijl we eraan werken om het probleem voor de komende update op te lossen."
In English:
We have been made aware of this issue, which has recently affected only a small number of users due to a bug.

Our developers are actively tackling this. I apologize for the inconvenience and kindly ask for your patience as we work to resolve the issue for the upcoming update.

I have had tips from another service person for my Go Exclusive (different department), see below. That didn't work.
Probeer de cookies en cache van uw browser te wissen en volg dan de onderstaande stappen.
1:45 pm
1. Voer een fabrieksinstellingen uit op de TomTom apparaat
2. Verbind het apparaat na de reset niet met wifi of een netwerk of computer.
3. Houd het apparaat gedurende 10 minuten onder een heldere hemel totdat het een geldig GPS-signaal ontvangt.
4. Probeer na 10 minuten in te loggen op het apparaat met wifi.
5. Stel het wachtwoord van uw TomTom-account opnieuw in
In English
Try clearing your browser's cookies and cache and then follow the steps below.
1:45 p.m
1. Perform a factory reset on the TomTom device
2. Do not connect the device to Wi-Fi or any network or computer after the reset.
3. Hold the device under a clear sky for 10 minutes until it receives a valid GPS signal.
4. After 10 minutes, try to log in to the device with WiFi.
5. Reset your TomTom account password

On another time I will contact via the chat again
Many thanks for this!

For your lost places it may be that you are not connected with the correct credentials for your account.

The solution tried is to reset the device to factory values then reconnect with your credentials?
Hi.

You mean reset the phone to factory settings, reinstall Tomtom and log in with my account?

The thing is that My Places doesn't appear on plan.tomtom.com either, but My Routes does. Both items were previously together.

Hi.

You mean reset the phone to factory settings, reinstall Tomtom and log in with my account?

The thing is that My Places doesn't appear on plan.tomtom.com either, but My Routes does. Both items were previously together.
Absolutely NOT!

What I meant was that, in plan.tomtom, you merely select the route that isn't syncing with TomTom Go and then de-sync it (the route), then re-sync it.

Yesterday it worked for me, repeatedly. Today at 05:30 it's a no-go. Also what I noticed today is that after re-syncing (in plan.tomtom), a window appears saying, "Connection lost ............"

Last edited:
I am having the same sync problem, on an iPhone 12 mini.
I also have TomTom go ride on the same phone, and that is working fine, all the saved routes show up, (but it stops working when I am out of phone signal, hence the TomTom Go app purchase. )
I have logged out, logged in multiple times.

Hi.

I didn't notice it was Tomtom GO on your phone.

What you can try is to log out of your account in your phone's app settings and then log back in with your Tomtom credentials.

hello,

I had the same problem on my Android that the routes I had created in Plan.TomTom were no longer displayed on the Android.

I found the following solution:

-Create a new TT account. There is currently a promotion where you can create one for free for 12 months.

-Transfer all routes and places to the new account.

-Log in to TT GO on the Android with the new account and activate synchronization

Now all routes and places should be back on the Android (it works for me)

You can copy the routes using export / import in Plan.tomtom as a GPX file.

Transferring the places is a bit more complicated. To do this, export everything to a JSON file in plan.tomtom under "download your data". Open this with an editor and search for all locations using the coordinates in the new account and save them.
This can all be done on the computer.

hello,

I had the same problem on my Android that the routes I had created in Plan.TomTom were no longer displayed on the Android.

I found the following solution:

-Create a new TT account. There is currently a promotion where you can create one for free for 12 months.

-Transfer all routes and places to the new account.

-Log in to TT GO on the Android with the new account and activate synchronization

Now all routes and places should be back on the Android (it works for me)

You can copy the routes using export / import in Plan.tomtom as a GPX file.

Transferring the places is a bit more complicated. To do this, export everything to a JSON file in plan.tomtom under "download your data". Open this with an editor and search for all locations using the coordinates in the new account and save them.
This can all be done on the computer.
Hi
This is for new subscribers, unless you subscribe directly on the Tomtom site, you must create a new Google account otherwise the subscription will be refused.

Hi
This is for new subscribers, unless you subscribe directly on the Tomtom site, you must create a new Google account otherwise the subscription will be refused.
yes you are right but the new account is independent of the andoid. It is just a new email address

Yes; but the application. you downloaded it from the play store is therefore with a new Google account otherwise you will not be able to subscribe again.

I don't know how you were able to synchronize your old account with the new one?

After installing from the Play Store, I start the app and then click on (restore purchases) and here I enter the new account. TT GO doesn't care about the Google account from the mobile.

Even afterwards I can switch between accounts in the app under (settings/TomTom Services) without any problems.

everything in the () is translated from German and may have a different name in the app

After spending 3 weeks try to resolve this matter, I have discovered this:-

Using my Android phone to create routes and then synchronise them to TomTom Go on my Android phone sometimes work. It's unreliable.​
Using a PC to create routes and then syncing to my Android phone appears to 100% reliable.​
The TomTom customer support is useless, not fit for purpose, and as much use as mammary glands on an amphibian!​
And, yes, I am frustrated!​

Back again.
Sadly the sync is still not working for My Routes as per 30-7-24.
I deleted my existing routes in plan.tomtom.com, logged out and then logged back in on the web account.
I reloaded my saved gpx routes on the online version and synced the routes manually one by one. I then logged out of my iPhone TT app and quit the app. I reloaded the app and logged in again and set the setting to sync My Drive.

Nada.
I'm still waiting for TT to fix this serious omission, it worked before without a problem so I really can't imagine it being such a big problem. I do hope they prioritise this issue because a lot of TT users, like me, plan their routes online and sync to their app. Besides that, the only way to import gpx files is through the online version and have the routes synced.

Back again.
Sadly the sync is still not working for My Routes as per 30-7-24.
I deleted my existing routes in plan.tomtom.com, logged out and then logged back in on the web account.
I reloaded my saved gpx routes on the online version and synced the routes manually one by one. I then logged out of my iPhone TT app and quit the app. I reloaded the app and logged in again and set the setting to sync My Drive.

Nada.
I'm still waiting for TT to fix this serious omission, it worked before without a problem so I really can't imagine it being such a big problem. I do hope they prioritise this issue because a lot of TT users, like me, plan their routes online and sync to their app. Besides that, the only way to import gpx files is through the online version and have the routes synced.
Harry

I am using an Android and I am now using only plan.tomtom to create and sync routes and gpx to TT Go. I have uninstalled MyDrive.

I don't have a solution, but I have observed this (and I advise you to try)

Using plan.tomtom and when the system is OK , the route/gpx will sync with TT Go.

When the system is not working, immediately after pressing "yes" to syncing, a brief message flashes up saying "Connection Lost ..........."

I am frustrated, but if I can help, I will.

Campbell

Thank you Campbell! I share your frustration.
I have followed your advice, but alas to no avail.
I deleted the My Drive app on my iPhone and logged out of TT GO. I followed the sequence I mentioned in the last post. Again, no change. Maybe it just works on Android??
A couple of us are going on a motor trip in the German Eiffel within a few weeks and have shared various gpx routes. Most of us have iPhones and TomTom. I'll wait another two weeks then I'll change my nav app and probably ask the others to do the same. So, yes, level of frustration is very high.

Thank you Campbell! I share your frustration.
I have followed your advice, but alas to no avail.
I deleted the My Drive app on my iPhone and logged out of TT GO. I followed the sequence I mentioned in the last post. Again, no change. Maybe it just works on Android??
A couple of us are going on a motor trip in the German Eiffel within a few weeks and have shared various gpx routes. Most of us have iPhones and TomTom. I'll wait another two weeks then I'll change my nav app and probably ask the others to do the same. So, yes, level of frustration is very high.
Harry

What I have also discovered is that using a PC the routes/*.gpx's always sync to the TT Go app on the phone!!!! Not much good whilst on a M/C trip , but maybe you and your fellow tripper can plan alternative routes in advance?

Campbell (Cam)

Hi Cam,
Again thanks!
When you mention using a PC (or Mac I gather) do you mean using the browser version of TT i.e. plan.totmtom.com or are you suggesting something else?
Plan.tomtom.com doesn't sync my routes whatever I do :-(
Harry

Ask a Question