Problem loading my routes into TomTom Go App

Hi Cam,
Again thanks!
When you mention using a PC (or Mac I gather) do you mean using the browser version of TT i.e. plan.totmtom.com or are you suggesting something else?
Plan.tomtom.com doesn't sync my routes whatever I do :-(
Harry
I am now using only pan.tomtom to sync with TT Go. I WAS previously using MyDrive. If you look carefully at the phone when you press the "yes" to sync, you will notice (if the system is broken) a brief message saying "Connection lost blah,blah, blah..........................." On MyDrive, no such message appeared.

The no syncing problem has been an intermittent problem for 3-4 weeks.

Have you tried using plan.tomtom on your PC/Mac to sync? It works every time fo me.

This morning ,using my phone, I am getting the "Connection lost ............." message and I can't sync.

I've been trying all kinds of options with plan.tomtom.com, MyDrive and TT GO. I deleted My Drive, reinstalled TT GO, and flushed the browser caches, all of this did change the situation.
The only thing I haven't tried is creating a new account and deleting the old one. But that is taking things pretty far because I have just paid for a years subscription and will have to forfeit this then. Oh well, I'll wait and see.
It's just a nav app and there are more out there that will fit the bill.
Thanks any way for your suggestions and input!

I've been trying all kinds of options with plan.tomtom.com, MyDrive and TT GO. I deleted My Drive, reinstalled TT GO, and flushed the browser caches, all of this did change the situation.
The only thing I haven't tried is creating a new account and deleting the old one. But that is taking things pretty far because I have just paid for a years subscription and will have to forfeit this then. Oh well, I'll wait and see.
It's just a nav app and there are more out there that will fit the bill.
Thanks any way for your suggestions and input!
Hi Harry

Yes, there are other nav. aids, but to be fair the TT Go is the best app for non A to B driving/riding .

In my opinion MyRoute is the best route planner
Tomtom has acknowledged that there is a problem with syncing routes on some phone models, so in my opinion waiting for Tomtom to figure out where the bug is is the best solution.
Willy, OK, so TT have acknowledged a problem with "some phone models", yeah?

First of all, have you had a message/email from TT officially stating the above-mentioned? if so, it would useful to have because the person that I am in correspondence with at TT Support seems to know nothing about it!!!!!!

Secondly, if the problem is only with "some phone models" then, why haven't I been asked for the model of my phone? Surely, to genuinely solve a problem, then one needs to know the specific and exact details???

My opinion is that TT are giving only a token effort to resolving this!

Last edited:
@Cam, TT certainly seems to give that impression. And, you do have a point there. Why isn't TT giving a list of problematic iPhones if that is the case? I have both a new 15 pro and an old XS, both experiencing the same problems.

Already Tomtom does not communicate.

Not everyone is affected by this problem for my case the synchronization works.

Tomtom has recognized this problem sees this message* https://www.tomtomforums.com/thread...s-into-tomtom-go-app.34118/page-5#post-206931

Recreate a new message with Tomtom support you may have a better answer.

I find it strange that Tomtom did not ask you for more details about your phone.

You post here on the forum what is useless it is to Tomtom support that you must write to make things move.

I am also having exactly the same issue with the route sync in the TT go app
My phone is a Samsung A33 with the latest updates
It was all working very nicely until last weekend when I tried to open a route and it wouldnt
I checked on my TT My drive and route was there and sync turned on
I have noticed though that in the TT drive app , in the TT services, when it says sync, it only refers to places, not routes. I am sure that it used to say Sync my routes which has now dissapeared
I have tried re installing both apps and logging back into my account but the same problem persists
I have raised a ticket with TT and am awaiting to see what they say
I also have a beta version of the TT ride app and that syncs the routs no problem so the issue is with the GO app

I am also having exactly the same issue with the route sync in the TT go app
My phone is a Samsung A33 with the latest updates
It was all working very nicely until last weekend when I tried to open a route and it wouldnt
I checked on my TT My drive and route was there and sync turned on
I have noticed though that in the TT drive app , in the TT services, when it says sync, it only refers to places, not routes. I am sure that it used to say Sync my routes which has now dissapeared
I have tried re installing both apps and logging back into my account but the same problem persists
I have raised a ticket with TT and am awaiting to see what they say
I also have a beta version of the TT ride app and that syncs the routs no problem so the issue is with the GO app
Try it right NOW! It seems to be working for me.

This has been an intermittent problem, hence me saying try now!

Also, if you use plan.tomtom you will notice that when you press the final "button" to sync (USING YOUR PHONE, it may show a brief message saying, "Connection Lost ............." If such a message appears, your route will not be sync'd.

However, if you use plan.tomtom on a PC it more than likely will sync first time. Even if it doesn't sync first time, if you de-sync and then re-sync it works

Last edited:
I have just tried to sync in my routes and no go. Still no routes
I will try the plan.tomtom on my pc later and let you know
So frustraiting

I have just tried to sync in my routes and no go. Still no routes
I will try the plan.tomtom on my pc later and let you know
So frustraiting
Yes!!!

at 13:39 I have just planned and synced.

Have you ever managed to achieve syncing?

Just tried reloading after using plan.tomtom and no difference, still not syncing
Re installed the app and just the same. Its an app issue since an update I susupect

I think it may depend on which phone you have. I have the Go app installed on a Galaxy S23 and have no issues at all.

A further update: at 15:53 (BSR) I have created and synct routes.

I intend to continue this updating so that others can report my experience in the hope that tech support at TT can narrow down a cause.

Cam

Great Cam.
Plan.tomtom is reporting that syncing has been completed, so no messages otherwise. MyDrive app is receiving the routes just fine. It's just TT GO which is not syncing. Routes are still empty.
In the meantime I just loaded TT GO Ride and it can load gpx files so if TT can't manage to fix the bug in time I'll defer to GoRide (preferably not but at least it's something).

I think it may depend on which phone you have. I have the Go app installed on a Galaxy S23 and have no issues at all.
Yes, agreed.
Great Cam.
Plan.tomtom is reporting that syncing has been completed, so no messages otherwise. MyDrive app is receiving the routes just fine. It's just TT GO which is not syncing. Routes are still empty.
In the meantime I just loaded TT GO Ride and it can load gpx files so if TT can't manage to fix the bug in time I'll defer to GoRide (preferably not but at least it's something).
OK, this is getting more troublesome!!!!.

I now only using plan.tomtom to try and sync with TT Go. When I plan on plan.tomtom and it does NOT give me the "connection lost ...." my routes appear in TT Go.I have just tried again at 16:42 BST

This is so frustrating!!!!!!

Also! Maybe I am missing something, but I don't see the point in MyDrive because if one is on a journey and needing to plan a route on the hoof, one will need an online connection in order to sync the route to TT Go, therefore one may as well only use the web planner?

I don't really understand the need for MyDrive to be honest, does it have advantages above plan.tomtom? As you pointed out, both need an Internet connection so why not just use the web version? Anyway both are not syncing to TTGo.

Ask a Question