Amigo not seeing current speed limit

The speed limit at which you are driving will always be displayed boldly on the GPS chip.
You will have no information on the road you are driving on and no indication of the speed limit not to be exceeded.

Has been working fine until recently. Now shows -- or gets stuck on 30, giving me a warning whenever I go over 30 despite the actual speed limit. Other apps are using GPS just fine.

I've tried clearing all data in the app and setting it up again. Worked briefly then back to same problem...
Let's hope Tom Tom sort this App out shortly because it's not worked properly for a while

I to have these issues however mine also tells me average speed limit is 19mph no matter what the actual limit is.

Let's hope Tom Tom sort this App out shortly because it's not worked properly for a while
Been having these problems for quite some time. My only workaround, whether conected to Android Auto or not, is to keep closing and opening the app until it finally decides to latch on to GPS and stick with it! FWIW, since these problems began, it appears far worse when using an automatic start via Bluetooth which has NEVER produced anything recently other than a greyed-out direction arrow. Also in my experience, the 'stuck' speed limit is usually Amigo connecting, taking a reading then taking itself back off to bed. Mine can be stuck on 30, 60, --, 70 etc depending on the speed limit of the road where it 'briefly' woke up.

Just like to add a word of thanks to everyone shouting about this as I was seriously considering a factory reset and the associated nonsense to remove the possibility of corrupted files. I'll maybe hang on on for a bit...

AndyM

v 9.445.4 is now out. Testing now... I working for anyone else?

I can't test it on the road but the navigation arrow remains blue, which is already a good start for the future.

Off to a good start. Holds position but sadly won't show speed limit when opening in overlay mode. Have to open in 'map' mode and then go to overlay for it to work.

Good grief. Don't they test this stuff?
In fairness, if it were the 'Amigo Overlay' app, I'd have something to complain about. As it is primarily a navigation app with an overlay mode, I guess we should be relatively happy. However, it's hard to forget that it used to connect beautifully via Bluetooth, open in overlay mode and start doing its stuff without me having to think about it. I'm sure it'll come...

Well it has an overlay mode and that mode can be set as the default, and overlay mode doesn't work when you do that. So I think there is something to complain about :)

Anyway, I updated my ticket with support...

The app has suddenly started working again for me today. Looks like an update has gone through. Anyone else noticed this?

Another new update landed. This one work for those who the .4 version was still broken? Now at 9.445.5. Still broken for me.
  1. Configure Amigo to start in overlay mode and start when connected to the car's Bluetooth
  2. Turn on the car's Bluetooth - Amigo starts in overlay mode as expected, but does not update the speed limit as I drive from one speed limit to the next
  3. Tap the overlay and select Fullscreen - Amigo goes to Fullscreen/map mode as expected
  4. Wait until the speed limit (lower left) updates
  5. Tap the speed limit (lower left) and Amigo returns to overlay mode, as expected
  6. Now, in overlay mode, the speed limits are updated
I again reported this to TomTom support who said this is known issue as many of their customers have reported it. Their team is aware and actively working on it. So there we have it. Some consolation.

Last edited:
Another new update landed. This one work for those who the .4 version was still broken? Now at 9.445.5. Still broken for me.
  1. Configure Amigo to start in overlay mode and start when connected to the car's Bluetooth
  2. Turn on the car's Bluetooth - Amigo starts in overlay mode as expected, but does not update the speed limit as I drive from one speed limit to the next
  3. Tap the overlay and select Fullscreen - Amigo goes to Fullscreen/map mode as expected
  4. Wait until the speed limit (lower left) updates
  5. Tap the speed limit (lower left) and Amigo returns to overlay mode, as expected
  6. Now, in overlay mode, the speed limits are updated
I again reported this to TomTom support who said this is known issue as many of their customers have reported it. Their team is aware and actively working on it. So there we have it. Some consolation.
Still the same for me too. Exactly as you've laid it out. Really hoped that this was going to be it...

AndyM

According to the internal ticket for this it is indeed not yet resolved. The thing is that it's not happening for everyone. I can still reproduce it.

Fortunately the Amigo application is free.

I wonder if Tomtom would be more responsive if the Tomtom GO application which is paid had this same problem?

I wonder if Tomtom would be more responsive if the Tomtom GO application which is paid had this same problem?
There are different layers adding complexity to finding the cause of an issue.
  • An issue isn't affecting all users but only a portion.
  • An issue isn't caused by the top layer of the app but by the underlying SDK or by the map.
So it's not really a matter of paid or free.

Last edited:
iOS Speed Limit Shows 255 in Autobahn no Speed limit zone 😊
IMG_0054.png

Attachments

• IMG_0061.jpeg
    IMG_0061.jpeg
    31.4 KB · Views: 8

Ask a Question