Amigo not seeing current speed limit

I also have the problem that the speed limit isn't updated anymore. Sometimes it gets stuck on the first speed limit or it doesn't show any speed limit at all. However speed camera warning is still working fine and correctly. So there's no problem with the internet connection or GPS not updating. Really strange behavior. I have reinstalled Amigo and this helped once but on the second drive speed limits didn't work again.

I also have the problem that the speed limit isn't updated anymore. Sometimes it gets stuck on the first speed limit or it doesn't show any speed limit at all. However speed camera warning is still working fine and correctly. So there's no problem with the internet connection or GPS not updating. Really strange behavior. I have reinstalled Amigo and this helped once but on the second drive speed limits didn't work again.
Interesting. My speed warnings are stuck at the same speed, like the display of the speed limit.

Speed Limit still not working on Amigo and it was such a useful Feature on the overlay, mine has not worked since it was updated, I've Emailed TomTom about the problem and they just say they are working on it. That was about 4 week's ago, I really hope they get it working again.

What I don't understand Tomtom, there is a bug on this current version ok, why does Tomtom not offer an update to reinstall the old version which will work while waiting to correct the current bug?

Also, I wonder if this is a corner case of not - i.e. if everyone is affected? You'd think not as you'd expect this release not to have passed basic regression testing before it was released.

Good call to find the old version and use that for now though...

Also, I wonder if this is a corner case of not - i.e. if everyone is affected? You'd think not as you'd expect this release not to have passed basic regression testing before it was released.

Good call to find the old version and use that for now though...
Good shout that if we can find the old version, any ideas where we can possibly get it from?

Good shout that if we can find the old version, any ideas where we can possibly get it from?
Somewhere like APKMirror if you want to risk it. But has anyone tried setting the Beta option in the Google Play Store to see if there's a beta version out that fixes it?

Ok. Tried the current beta. Broken.

Installled a version from APKMirror from March and that seems to work. Have to remember not to allow update to latest version until it comes with a fix...

Ok. Tried the current beta. Broken.

Installled a version from APKMirror from March and that seems to work. Have to remember not to allow update to latest version until it comes with a fix...
Cheer's for that I'll have a play with that when I get a minute 👍

For those suffering from this problem, please report it to TomTom linking to this thread (if you've not already). Hopefully the more people that do it them quicker we'll will get a fix.

There is no need to report this. It's a known issue.

@Willy875
The only way to make the previous version available would be to give it a higher version number and overwrite the latest version. But that would also overwrite any fixes included in that latest version. So the better option is to download that older version from an APK client.

I wrote to TomTom's support. As you already know they are working on it but unfortunately no time frame for a fix.

This is what the answered on my request:

I understand from your email that, you are facing issue with the AmiGo App. I'm sorry to hear about the issue. I will surely help you with the details.

I wanted to let you know that we've received similar reports from other customers, and we've already alerted our team about it. They're working on fixing things up. Currently they have not provided any ETA for it however, they are trying their best to get everything back on track soon.

Your understanding is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

If you have further concerns or queries, you are welcome to contact me or one of my colleagues - we are happy to help!

BTW anyone knows any alternative app that can be used like AmiGO for speed limit and speed camera info in overlay mode together with Google maps?

BTW anyone knows any alternative app that can be used like AmiGO for speed limit and speed camera info in overlay mode together with Google maps?
Best I've come across so far is Waze, but it doesn't have the overlay mode so you're stuck for using it for navigation too.

As a short term fix, I've found that when I start the Tomtom Amigo app and the speed limit is stuck on zero, If you disconnect the location permissionsfrom always, the app wont work and asks you to reconnect to permanent location permissions. Once you do this, the speed limit you are driving will show. It's a bit of a pain having to do it for every trip but hopefully a short term solution until Tomtom fix the bug.

Ask a Question