6200 will not load, Reset soft, Reset hard or just stay on

Was by mydrive that it got to 43% it was the 1st update
It's like something during the update has caused it all a mess up

I have no control of the unit to change settings but could turn off wifi

I get totally spamed with tomtom looking to sell me product but try and get them to respond to emails
It there a better way than email I did ask and they didn't acknowledge my question They say they are very busy with user contact so not sure what that says
I sent a log but no acknowledge
Would be nice to here it was relieved and put through for attention

What are your thoughts thank uou

First, I'd be curious to know where you found a "new" 6200 this late in the game! Then I'd wonder how long since manufacturing that battery has been sitting without a power source. While lithium ion discharges very slowly indeed, it does self discharge, and really does not like to be run flat. Seems they were originally released in 2017.

How much longer will One NZ (ex Vodaphone) be supporting 2G cellular service to support that 6200? I was pleased but surprised to hear they intended to keep it running for a while longer. After all this time, you'll likely need to contact TomTom via their chatbot in order to get service activated.

The good news is that you can get traffic via a phone WiFi hotspot as well.

Pre Covid purchase Battery is at 97% at the moment Fully charged but take your point . Not aware that we have Nz 2g

If you have a read I'm sick of contacting Tomtom for help There responce time is shocking and the say they are there to help.

I would love to say all is forgiven and they rose to the occasion but that involve actually hearing from them.

1724101432331.png

SO disappointing How many times can you ask me to turn the unit odd when I have told them So many times it just starts again
How many times have I told them I can not use the unit before it closes down again
I sent a video previously and they said they could not open it ?
I sent a log and they fail to acknowledge receiving or not after I asked
Failed to escalate when I have asked repeatedly
What am I missing here Ill try to set up a new account as requested
Also the video if I could get it to them would show a unit starting and stopping within 30sec repeatedly ?

I had the same happen to my 6200. Endless rebooting, would not switch off and stay off etc.... No real help from "support". 6200 put in the bin. Bought a Navman to replace it. See my posting LINK

I just can't believe how bad the support is.
I only pulled this out of the plastic 10 days ago It did cost 500nzd and I have never used it It started out of the box and totally failed during the very first update download

I know it's brand new, but it sounds like the only 'out' here will be to try to force it into 'recovery' mode.
See if this does you any good at all. Second item on the page:

I have tried soft start
and hard start
If you try the long hold to you hear the drums it is just the unit turning itself off not reseting
It dosent stay on long enough to get to hard start if that makes scence

After 12 emails why has it not been escalated and why do they not acknowledge receiving copy of the logs
They are very flippant in there responces with a lot of copy n paste and not real following of my emails
Can we not phone these people.
They have limited response Try soft start Try hard start, Try to connect after you are in the tomtom x mode. Is your battery charged
Download connect again.
Send a copy of the log

Ask a Question