TT 1 sceen protector

I purchased a screen protector last week, it just arrived today:

Edit: I have 5 posts now, so here's a couple of links:
Eforcity's Website ($5.99 + shipping)
Eforcity's eBay store ($5.96 shipped)

I got mine from eforcity's store on eBay. You can spend more and get it from their website, or from Amazon.com, but $6 shipped on eBay seems the better deal :)

It actually fits the screen almost perfectly, pretty much like the protector mentioned a few posts back. Application was easy (peel, apply, peel upper layer), but as usual, I wound up with air bubbles that no amount of fiddling with the little card would get rid of, so I just figure I'll live with it until it's time to change protectors. I have never been able to apply one of these to anything without getting at least a couple of air bubbles :mad:

Anyway, it looks good indoors. There is that "anti-glare" effect, but it's not so bad. I'd rather it was perfectly clear. I'll take it out with me in the daytime tomorrow and see if it does anything adverse as far as being able to see the screen clearly.

Last edited:
Application of the screen protector is really tricky. What I did was as soon as peeled the backing I just centered as fast as I could (didn't want any dust to collect on the sticky back) and just dropped it on the screen. The protector just sucked up the screen with very little air bubbles.

I then took a credit card and pushed the air bubbles to the closest edge with no problems.

Well it came with a little card, and I managed to get most of them out, but these last few tiny bubbles weren't budging. They're not that noticeable with the unit on, so I'll just live with them until I replace the current protector.

Thinking back, I could've just lifted it off the screen and reapplied ... ah ... hindsight!

The thing is, when you try to reapply you have to make sure you do not touch the backing or else your finger prints will be imprinted.

I burned through my first attempt by just doing that, adjusting it and the edge had my thumb print :(

The thing is, when you try to reapply you have to make sure you do not touch the backing or else your finger prints will be imprinted.

I burned through my first attempt by just doing that, adjusting it and the edge had my thumb print :(
Well the neat thing about this one was that the removable upper layer had its own tab (the actual film was sandwiched between two layers), so if you hadn't laid the entire thing down (I left a corner free), you could actually peel it off the screen using that tab without having to touch the film itself. Though once you remove that upper layer, you're stuck digging it off the hard way.

I just got an "ExpertShield" screen protector for my TT1 on eBay. $7.80 including shipping (from Hong Kong to US) and I got it in less than a week. Applied very easily - the 3-layer sandwich other folks have described - without any bubbles or fingerprints (or cat hair, which is always my biggest challenge!)

Perfect fit, and the glossiness exactly matches what the screen was without the protector on it, the screen brightness is the same and the touch-screen sensitivity is the same. (I'd post a photo, but you really can't see the protector at all).

My 2 cents,
B

Invisible Shield screen protector

First - no, I do NOT work for ShieldZone, I just love their product.

I have been using PDAs since, well, forever - I started with Apple Newton, have had almost ever make of Palm devices since the Palm Personal (and I think one before that). I had Write Right protectors back before Fellow's bought the company. I have bought protectors, made my own from transparency sheets - you name it I have tried them. About a year ago I came across the Invisible Shield and have never looked back - I have them installed on my PSP, Treo, iPod, Nintendo DS, my wifes Palm TX -- in short I drink their Kool-Aid. Anyway, when I (recently) got my TomTom One I picked up Invisble Shield screen protector for it

http://www.shieldzone.com/item_description/TOMTONE.html

While their TomTom One picture is outdated, it fit my new style TT1 absolutely perfectly. They are SUPER easy to install, reasonably priced (free shipping). The key to installation is to be liberal with their "spray", place it quickly, get it adjusted, then use the squeegee to get the bubbles out. They will NOT scratch, ever. Period. Never. Install one and you are set for life. If you manage to scratch or damage it in any way, send it back and they will send a replacement for free. If you cannot get the bubbles out, send it back, they will send a replacement. This is an absolutely fantastic company and product. They are maybe a dollar or two more expensive than the cheapy brands but try it once and you will buy them for every device you own. No need for pics, you wouldn't be able to see it anyway.

If you doubt the quality, watch the videos on their web site - you cannot scratch or damage these things.

I've been looking at a screen protector made by Clarivue. It costs about $10. Has anyone ever used their screen protectors?

Screen protector

Has anyone found the Protama screen protector in the US? Can't locate them at the camera shops in the Puget Sound Area.

Vickie

Ask a Question