Traveling Abroad?

TomTom Model(s)
Mercedes A160 Go300 - 510 Apple iPhone
Hello TT owners! If any of you travel to Europe Go Ahead take your TomToms!
Rent a car I will send you pois's for your needs! And one is Police Radars!so you can put them in before you leave! For any European City ! And belive me Citations are very High! Yes we drive fast on our roads the speed limit is higher! But it's easy to get carried away! Roads are nice and cars are fast! But you don't want to ruin your vacations with a $500 to 1000.00 ticket!

George

If you are in a rented car, and you trigger a camera ticket, you are long gone before it works its way through the system. I got a notice from Avis weeks after returning, and based on the time and date, it was in a city where I recall only making a left turn where it was posted no left turn - do they have cameras for that also ?

Also, I have never been served with the actual ticket - do they wait until you are in the EU again (I assume they have the US drivers license numbers and/or passport numbers from the rental agreement)?

PS - I had an excellent experience with an Avis built-in GPS - especially the traffic system that warned 100+ km away of traffic situations. We are still waiting for TomTom to deliver on their promises here for the same service with the receiver they finally made available over there.

Euro Tickets

If you are in a rented car, and you trigger a camera ticket, you are long gone before it works its way through the system. I got a notice from Avis weeks after returning, and based on the time and date, it was in a city where I recall only making a left turn where it was posted no left turn - do they have cameras for that also ?

Also, I have never been served with the actual ticket - do they wait until you are in the EU again (I assume they have the US drivers license numbers and/or passport numbers from the rental agreement)?

PS - I had an excellent experience with an Avis built-in GPS - especially the traffic system that warned 100+ km away of traffic situations. We are still waiting for TomTom to deliver on their promises here for the same service with the receiver they finally made available over there.

Yes but if a cop is there ..... you wont be long gone ! TomTom Radar POI's and Trafic light Poi's can be signaled ahead of time to avoid them here in Rome it has helped me out of a few! It is updated frequently here check it out. www.poigps.com can be translated to English also TomTom has service for Radar Traps too www.tomtom.com
Also I don't know about GB but Italy and France and Germany they will send ticket to your home address !

Ask a Question