No Maps Found After Update Go Live 820

TomTom Model(s)
Go 6100 Go Live 820
Hi

I have just updated my Go Live 820 , after it completed the download and installation successfully, the device rebooted and now goes straight to NO MAPS FOUND.

when i go to MyTOMTOM, manage contents i can see there is the UK & ROI map installed version 8.75

How do i fix this problem??? Please Help!!!

Tried so far
Soft Reboot
Tried on another Pc's with direct connection to router (including different browsers firefox/chrome)
clearing cache and then soft rebooting
Uninstalling MyTT and reinstalling then trying htre above again

Thanks

Prem

TomTom Go Live 820 UK & Ireland
Windows XP Professional SP3
Internet Explorer 8

What were you updating, the application or map (880 was released a few days ago) or both?

Also, by 'soft reboot', are you referring to holding the power button till you hear the drum sounds? (about 10 seconds)

Sadly, what you've tried is about all we can suggest .........

In your desktop's settings, ensure that you do have checked the option to save large files to the cache, clear the cache again, save the settings and try again for the download.

Thanks for the reply DHN, yes soft reboot = holding down the power for 10 seconds and waiting for the drum roll. I updated 2 items (which i now know is wrong) at the same time, 1) application and 2) speed camera.

Just waiting for another update to become avaliable on MyTT i hope thats soon.

Yep had that option ticked, No matter how many times i clear the cache and save settings it doesn't prompt me fir anything. Just says device is up2date. This has worked for other people though! Just seems like a software glich, which should be easy to fix, rather than having to send it off!!

You would think so.........

Unless I'm missing something, you've tried all the 'tricks' to get it to work properly.

Before having to call CS for a RMA (UK support: 0845 161 0009) can you try to restore to factory defaults? You'll lose all custom settings but who knows, may work, otherwise.

I would love to do that, but i cannot get into the menu system (i think thats how you do it).

When i power on my device, the TT start up screen pops up and after 20 seconds, it blinks and another 10-15 seconds, it goes straigh to:

NO MAPS FOUND
Insert a memory card containing a map or use MyTomTom to install a map.

and i can't to anything after that.

So whats the procedure for restoring to factory settings please?

1. Do you have the newest build on the unit (11.031)?
2. If the answer to (1) is yes, do you have a 4 gb (or larger) usd (micro) card?
3. If answer to (2) is yes, format the card using Windows, don't use quickformat.
4. Insert card into unit and it should offer to format it, allow it to.
5. With the card inserted into the unit, connect to MyTomTom and see if 885 is offered to be installed on the card.

Have a look at this screen, how do i find out what build it is? I had a 2gb card in there. Even if i put a blank card in there, the TT formats it and goes to NO MAPS FOUND.

Attachments

• tt.jpg
    tt.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 1,368
That's the diagnostic screen. Doesn't show the application build on it. Again, connect to the computer. Click on the desktop icon and see if the 'get new items' is an active link. If so, with the card in the unit, click on the link and see what's there for new items.......

SD card now attached, screen shots attached. Still don't know how to find build number of device.

Attachments

• New Bitmap Image (2).GIF
    New Bitmap Image (2).GIF
    65.4 KB · Views: 942
  • New Bitmap Image.GIF
    New Bitmap Image.GIF
    67.2 KB · Views: 722
If you could get to the normal screens on your unit, then going to the Settings-->Me and my device->About my device gives you the application on line 2 (and maps on line 3).

Honestly, I don't know what else to suggest. MyTomtom sees your map, but the unit does not. If rebooting doesn't rectify the situation, I think the only 'cure' is to send it back for TomTom to deal with.

Perhaps another mode may pop in here with other advice. I'm tapped out....

One other thing: delete the temorary internet files from your browser as well as the cache. Reboot the computer.

Just cleared all my browsers, uninstalled MyTT, restarted, reinstalled MyTT - still no change.

Resigned to sending it off for repair replacement :mad:

One final question DHN, if i was to buy the "Map Update Service". Would it force my device to update? its seeing v8.75 i think the latest is 8.85?

What do you think, long shot?

I think it's a glitch on your unit when you updated your application that can't be resolved without the unit being sent back to the Netherlands.

Have you seen what TT customer services have to say?

One last thought, what options do you get in "Manage Content" on the MyTomTom web-browser page?

@dhn & Andy
How do you feel about making Prem our first attempt at a "3 press suicide reboot"? Unit seems properly bricked, and that's where it might play. Can't hurt, and might very well help?

May be a thought here..........

Prem, if you are checking back................

Hold the power button unitil you get to the (diagnostic) screen you showed in your post #7 above.

Then......... 3 QUICK taps of the on/off button. About a half second apart: tap-tap-tap.

Then connect to the computer. Hopefully, a screen will open up and offer you the last known good application for your unit. This process is known as a recovery ...

If that works and an application is installed, then hopefully your map will be recognized.

Then connect to the computer again and get the new application with the goal that this time the insallation will go properly and your map recognized.

YESSSSSS!!!!!!!

CAnderson/DHN That worked a treat. The device rebooted, and wanted me to connect to my PC. I did so and seemed like it was busy, it rebooted a few times and then all of a sudden I had 4 updates waiting on my ystem tray.

Application
Map
Voices
Speed Camera

Downloaded the Application first, without device being connected, connected to device and it started to install, but then said connection to server lost. So i downloaded each updated separately and installed one by one. Low and behold it took me though device setup and into the menu system. I was over joyed!!

So Thank You all :D

What should i tell CS when i ring up? should i mention the "3 button suicide reboot"

Is that a no no in terms of people doing a factory reset like that??

Separated question - Do Maps get updated or do you have to pay for updates? maps?

This recovery routine is in the public domain, so to speak, but I doubt some CS agents, especially first level, even know about it.

Unless you have a map subscription (there is no lifetime map option in Europe) or are eligible for the newest map because you are within the 30-day range for the Latest Map guarantee, then you have to pay for any newer map you want.

Anyway, thanks for reporting back and thanks for reporting the recovery method worked. It's supposed to but we haven't offered that solution to too many users as, in your case, it usually is a last resort option. As it seemed to be for you.

Thansk DHN for your perserverence :)

Andy - TT Customer services told me there's nothing else they can do and all i can do is send it back for repair\replacement.

Delighted this issue has been resolved!!!!!!

Thank You once again!!!! :D

Ask a Question