Computer fails to connect with TomTom

And hang on to that USBDeview tool. Can be handy for troubleshooting all kinds of USB issues!

The voices do not take up much space on the GPS, normally you must have a maximum of 2 or 3 voices installed (100 MB maximum).

So if you can do updates over Wi-Fi, that's a good thing.

Indeed. When developing a USB product, sorting the code for 'device enumeration', as it's called, is typically one of the first tasks for the folks working on the low level code.
Sorry for putting you through the additional exercise, but at least now we know for certain that this is still a problem in production code. I just bugged TomTom again about this.
I assume you have noted the release of 23.103.0018 code. No change there either, as far as I can tell.
I'm afraid that you're talking to someone whose computer expertise extends to turning the thing on and off without assistance, so code whatever means nothing to me. Anyway, thank you again for your valiant attempts to help, they are much appreciated.

The voices do not take up much space on the GPS, normally you must have a maximum of 2 or 3 voices installed (100 MB maximum).

So if you can do updates over Wi-Fi, that's a good thing.
Thing is, I want a particular favourite Irish voice (Naoimh ("Neeve")) to give me directions, and the TomTom simply refuses to do this. If I choose a voice other than the English one, I get no voice directions at all. Hence the need for a computer connection.

Thing is, I want a particular favourite Irish voice (Naoimh ("Neeve")) to give me directions, and the TomTom simply refuses to do this. If I choose a voice other than the English one, I get no voice directions at all. Hence the need for a computer connection.
Naoimh will tell you to turn right or left but for your information he will not tell you the names of the streets.

Naoimh will tell you to turn right or left but for your information he will not tell you the names of the streets.
The problem is that she does none of those things - she is completely silent. Only the English voice gives directions. I'd be happy with left and right, that's the way it is with my old 6" TomTom, but there's nothing. I don't get it (in more ways than one).

Today i bought Tomtom go expert plus 6
As soon as I turned it on, I noticed that there is no voice guidance (the recorded languages don't work). Only computer generated ones work. There is no computer voice in my native language and I can't get any voice guidance, and no sound when navigating and writing addresses. Then I tried to connect the device to a computer, but it appeared as an unknown device RNDIS. The old 6250 connected immediately. I will be returning the navigation to the store next week for a replacement or refund.

As soon as I turned it on, I noticed that there is no voice guidance (the recorded languages don't work). Only computer generated ones work. There is no computer voice in my native language and I can't get any voice guidance, and no sound when navigating and writing addresses. Then I tried to connect the device to a computer, but it appeared as an unknown device RNDIS. The old 6250 connected immediately. I will be returning the navigation to the store next week for a replacement or refund.
I would take the refund for now since any replacement will have the same code issues - at least for now.

You might want to stick with that 6250 for the time being. The 6250 also offers at least a limited custom POI feature that is also lost with the Expert Plus, if that's an important feature for you.

Last edited:
Exactly my problem - the computer-generated voices work, the recorded ones not.

I've been in contact with TomTom Support and they say that a software upgrade that will cure the problem is in the works. Just where in the works remains to be seen. I quote (translated from the original German):

We would like to inform you of an upcoming software update that will address the issue you were experiencing with our product. Our development team has been working hard to identify and resolve the issue and we are pleased to announce that a solution will be made available in the form of a new software update.

Unfortunately, I have to inform you that I cannot help you use an exact publication date. I assure you that the problem can be solved after the software update.

In the meantime, my nice new big screen sits unused.

The news is that the problem has apparently been fixed. I updated my device last night and the computer voices now work, whereas previously they didn't. I'll try out the big one next weekend and see how we go, but this looks promising.

Hello.
I have a TT expert 7 plus device with a serial number starting with B4. the problem is that when I connect the device to the computer, it detects it as TT, but the driver in the device manager is RNDIS with a triangle as unrecognized. when installing the driver manually as NDIS compatible, it does not connect to the TT Myconnect application. Can someone help, because the TT service is not trying very well

Hello.
I have a TT expert 7 plus device with a serial number starting with B4. the problem is that when I connect the device to the computer, it detects it as TT, but the driver in the device manager is RNDIS with a triangle as unrecognized. when installing the driver manually as NDIS compatible, it does not connect to the TT Myconnect application. Can someone help, because the TT service is not trying very well
Known USB 'enumeration' bug in all of the current generation devices. They're working on it. The good news is that apart from voices not normally provided as on-device selections for a given region, the rest (maps, firmware) can all be done over WiFi.

Most recently, it appears that the 0019 release may clean up the 'silent voice' issues. Fingers crossed.

Known USB 'enumeration' bug in all of the current generation devices. They're working on it. The good news is that apart from voices not normally provided as on-device selections for a given region, the rest (maps, firmware) can all be done over WiFi.
I don't know how I can import my favorite POIs to the device because even the mydrive website does not support importing OV2 files in TT Go expert 7 plus. Therefore, I have to wait for updates regarding the USB connection

I don't know how I can import my favorite POIs to the device because even the mydrive website does not support importing OV2 files in TT Go expert 7 plus. Therefore, I have to wait for updates regarding the USB connection
On GO Expert it is not possible to import personal poi.

Does anyone of you also have a problem with your TT expert 7 that after a few hours of driving the screen turns black even though synchronization is turned off?

Does anyone of you also have a problem with your TT expert 7 that after a few hours of driving the screen turns black even though synchronization is turned off?
Is your GO Expert still under warranty? If so, run the warranty with Tomtom.

Same issue here. TomTom Go Expert Plus 7. After reinstalling driver according to instructions from TomTom websites, device is in "Network adapters" as "USB RNDIS Adapter" not recognize in MyDrive Connet app. Serial number starts B4.

Same issue here. TomTom Go Expert Plus 7. After reinstalling driver according to instructions from TomTom websites, device is in "Network adapters" as "USB RNDIS Adapter" not recognize in MyDrive Connet app. Serial number starts B4.
Your GO Expert does not need to be connected to Mydrive connect to make updates.
What do you want to do?

Ask a Question