MyDrive not syncing with TomTom Go on iPhone

Indeed, I live in the Netherlands.
I expect though that the syncing issue has to do with my account. Ik created a new account and now places and routes are syncing quite allright (pfff). I don't know if this will affect my subscription, but worse case I'll just pay for a new one (about the price of 2 beers here).
I did trie to access TT support in order to clean up my old account and transfer the subscription to my new account. This is necessary because the TT Go app is, as far as I can tell, linked to your account. Hopeless. A new subscription is quicker and less frustrating.

I did trie to access TT support in order to clean up my old account and transfer the subscription to my new account. This is necessary because the TT Go app is, as far as I can tell, linked to your account. Hopeless. A new subscription is quicker and less frustrating.
For the Tomtom GO application, it is not Tomtom that manages the subscription but Apple.

Correct, but I hope that it doesn't matter which email account you use, but this would seem hard to manage from TT or Apple's side. It needs to be linked somewhere. I do have a different account for Apple than I had for TomTom. Now Apple and TT are the same. Maybe that may help.
This is just info so that we may trace the root cause of the issue. As mentioned it seems to be linked to the TT account which went AWOL.

We have applied another fix to our back-end of Plan.TomTom.com. You may need to sign out and back into the GO Navigation app again. New routes should now sync. Existing routes you may need to re-sync.

We have applied another fix to our back-end of Plan.TomTom.com. You may need to sign out and back into the GO Navigation app again. New routes should now sync. Existing routes you may need to re-sync.
Hi,

Can confirm that routes saved via Plan.TomTom.com now synch successfully with the Navigation Go app on my iPhone.

Only issue I now have I have an old route re-appear in my Navigation Go app that I can no longer remove as it's not showing in the MyDrive IOS app not the web.
I have logged out and removed that app from my iPhone, but still this old route is appearing.
I will persevere and try and get it removed, otherwise I may try creating a new TomTom account.

Above problem solved...Went into my account on Plan.TomTom.com and selected 'Clear Data' and this has removed the old route also. Just means having to reset all my favourites but not the end of the world.

Regards

Last edited:

Ask a Question