Cannot download Tomtom to my desktop

:)THANK YOU ALL SO VERY VERY MUCH. Just as a FYI and to share (optional software) what was downloaded and installed today which allowed me to install TomTom, these are the updates:

Product Update Status Date Source

Windows Live Windows Live Essentials Monday, March 28, 2011 Microsoft Update

Windows XP Update for Internet Explorer 8 Compatibility View List for Windows XP (KB2447568) Monday, March 28, 2011 Microsoft Update

Windows XP Update for Root Certificates [October 2010] (KB931125) Monday, March 28, 2011 Microsoft Update
Windows XP Update for Windows XP (KB971513) Monday, March 28, 2011 Microsoft Update

Windows XP Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update (KB951847) x86 Monday, March 28, 2011 Microsoft Update

Windows XP Microsoft Base Smart Card Cryptographic Service Provider Package: x86 (KB909520) Monday, March 28, 2011 Microsoft Update

Windows XP Windows Search 4.0 for Windows XP (KB940157) Monday, March 28, 2011
Microsoft Update Windows XP Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 on Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 x86 (KB2416472) Monday, March 28, 2011 Microsoft Update

So things are ok? If so, I'll edit the thread to add [resolved]. Let me know, please.

Yes, you experienced the standard symptom of MS dotnet not being installed.

Windows XP Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update (KB951847) x86 Monday, March 28, 2011 Microsoft Update

The above is the update that fixed it.

Yes, you experienced the standard symptom of MS dotnet not being installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrabble View Post

The above is the update that fixed it.

I have had install programs that use the internet for download not run due to my not having dot.net installed on this XP box.

What's funny is that TT Home runs just fine without the dot.net so I would guess it only uses it for the initial install.

If I remember it right, I got my TT Home as a full download and installed it without it having to download during install. I never made that connection. You're not as crazy as I thought you were :)

I have had install programs that use the internet for download not run due to my not having dot.net installed on this XP box.

What's funny is that TT Home runs just fine without the dot.net so I would guess it only uses it for the initial install.

I found this earlier today....

Update .NET Framework*
While TomTom HOME is not dependent upon .NET Framework, this installation may repair other Windows components which HOME shares with the .NET installation.

(From Resolving HOME error messages)

Thanks to all, and I am very grateful to get this resolved -- I plugged in my TomTom 130-S and it updated just fine.

Thanks again everyone.:)

Ask a Question