Is VR working with NA map 7.20?

dhn

TomTom Model(s)
Go 50; Go 520
There appears to be some confusion (at least to me:D ):

Can someone with the following combination tell me if VR is working properly, please?...

TomTom 720 + firmware 7.481 + NA Map 7.20

Thanks.

annoyed about the map update

I'd gladly help, but i don't have the $$$, since i Just bought 7.15 maps in february
;)

yes, i am 20 something days past my map guarantee, so i can't have it.
i know they need to make money on this commercial product, but i feel a little peevish about it right now.

Thats why you wait till TT goes on sale and grab the 920 with 1 year map guarantee. So far ive seen 4 updates over the last year (may to may)

I have that configuration and I did get mine to work but..i did a few things and have not isolated or know exactly what 'fixed' it...but here is what i did.

add the "1" file to the map directory on device ( text file called support_asr.dat with ONLY the number 1 in it)

still no vr, then paired my phone (verizon xv6800) with a wireless data plan, set up data connection using hack and directions in forum) ..still no vr

activated and used traffic...still no vr

added a favorite (were all erased by new map!!)

PIN reset

vr is back

i know the 'pairing' sounds strange but..first time i called to complain, the tech asked if i paired my phone...i though that was weird...wish i could be more specific...i hope this helps...

Ask a Question