Map Share now working on XL350TM!

TomTom Model(s)
XL350TM
I was pleasantly suprised to plug in my XL350TM this evening and find a "Map Share" update listed for installation.

Along with the MS update the "Map Status Indicator" extension was installed.

I now show that I have 1285 Map Share corrections in use. Kudos to TT for making this active on the XL350TM! Now, if they could only get the button to "mark" a place on the map for a correction to work I would be very happy. That would save me from having to write down any corrections I want to make and going back at a later date to make them.

Same here

I've finally been able to download the mapshare updates on my xl 350 as well, so I guess they've fixed this issue.

Unfotunately I haven't been able to download the latest map update after many failed attempst, I keep getting server connection errors, we'll see if customer service can e of any help with that(I contacted customer service, so far their suggestions have not worked).

Incidentally the tomtom software only shows a few hundred mapshare corrections(I forget the exact number), which seems like a very tiny number of corrections given that the maps are for all of usa, canada, and mexico. I don't know why mine is showing less corrections than others, perhaps it has something to do with not having the latest maps.

I also completely agree with you about the need for a 'mark this spot' button, I wanted to make some corrections yesterday but I realized I couldn't do it while driving without killing myself, and I don't know how anyone can make corrections at all unless they're somewhere where they can immediately stop and park for a few minutes.

Last edited:
Some models have the capacity for having an icon on the driving view screen to do exactly that, marking the spot for a mapshare correction.

But your model comes with EasyMenu and reduced functionality, so I don't think it has this option.

But your model comes with EasyMenu and reduced functionality, so I don't think it has this option.

Accdording to the manual its "supposed" to be there, but TT says its not working.. I do not know if that means that it is being worked on or if the manual was a misprint or if TT has decided to remove the function.. I e-mailed TT about it back in early Jan. and was given a canned response, much the same as I was given about mapshare back then. We got mapshare back, so the "mark it" icon may be something being fixed or tweaked..

Incidentally the tomtom software only shows a few hundred mapshare corrections(I forget the exact number), which seems like a very tiny number of corrections given that the maps are for all of usa, canada, and mexico. I don't know why mine is showing less corrections than others, perhaps it has something to do with not having the latest maps.

It might be due to the map update, but it may also be due to your "options" for map share..I changed some options last night and went from 1285 to 1654 map share corrections this morning.. Here's what you can do for options. (not all of these options are available "in" the XL350TM units setting, instead they have to be done through TT home).

1.)Under TT home, click tools (uper left corner) then mapshare preferences.. (this can be unresponsive at times so make small changes clicking "done" after each to ensure they take).
2.)Set your trust level for your comfort level, then hit done (mine is medium).
3.)Follow step 1, but select the "select countries" tab this time. Select/unselect any you decide you do not want. Hit done.
4.)Follow step 1, this time selecting "Select POI Categories" tab. Select what POI's you want updated and hit done.

Hope that helps some..

Last edited:

Ask a Question