truck map not working

just plugged my go530 into home and it told me that i needed to download the latest business tools i did so and then backed up my device i tried to use it and now i am getting as red screen with unable to use map on device anyone any ideas how to get back to the old version as i backed up after the instal

It has all my work POI on it and i really need this sorting asap

Had you made a backup of your previous unit's contents? Hopefully with Explorer?

No. I plugged unit into computer fired up home and it asked me to download the latest business tools mapshare and gpsquickfix. I did this then backed up via Home. When I unplugged the unit from the computer that is when the problems started. Now the computer is not even seeing the TomTom

1. Press the reset button on the bottom of the unit and connect to the computer. Does the computer recognize it?

2. If yes, make an Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents. If not sure how, see here:
https://www.tomtomforums.com/genera...4-how-backup-contents-your-unit-computer.html

3. Delete all the loose files in the root of the unit, NO folders or their contents.

4. Start Home. Download and install the application offered.

5. disconnect the unit PROPERLY from home using the Device Disconnect icon on the bottom right of the screen.

Any better?

Ask a Question