UPDATING XXL550TM

You can very well update to version 9.541

if the map version 11.25 is too big you can copy and paste the original map save on your computer and this 11.25 is replaced

FYI: version: 9.541 corrects the week number on your GPS so it is an important version for the proper functioning of your GPS.

Something weird happening on my PC.
There were two folders called __Transfer and Mars (jpg's) which are actually on the D: drive, imported from the cell phone several month ago. Clicking on Mars they disappeared (but still are in their proper location).
Right clicking the empty folder offered to Extract to a folder.
Extracted it shows as
[ ] ttsytem 2018-12:11 11.09 8,022 KB File.

When trying to send it that and 4 xml on that folder do not show.

Attachments

• Screen 24-04-25 at 03.11.JPG
    Screen 24-04-25 at 03.11.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 5
If it turns out that navcore v.9.541 and the U.S. zone map v.1125 is greater than 2GB would I be able to restore the gps to navcore v.9.510 and the original map?
I don't know how many different ways I can say this. No one here knows whether 9.541 included a new bootloader. If 9.541 did include a new bootloader, and you update from 9.510 to 9.541 (which would automatically install any new bootloader as well), you CANNOT later 'restore' / 'revert' / 'reverse' the bootloader to match 9.510 again.

It is NOT possible, apart from a reflash at the factory, to go backwards in bootloader code. Code within the bootloader itself prevents this. If the old bootloader sees a new one, the new one gets copied to and used from a protected area of memory that you and your operating system do NOT see on the device. That helps to prevent a person from bricking a unit easily, and allows for reloading or updating if the ttsystem software is somehow lost or corrupted.

There were two folders called __Transfer and Mars (jpg's) which are actually on the D: drive, imported from the cell phone several month ago.
[ ] ttsytem 2018-12:11 11.09 8,022 KB File.
Interesting. 8,022KB would be just right for that file, too. Perhaps you'd been shuffling things around back then. The folder name __Transfer would seem to suggest this.

I don't know how many different ways I can say this. No one here knows whether 9.541 included a new bootloader. If 9.541 did include a new bootloader, and you update from 9.510 to 9.541 (which would automatically install any new bootloader as well), you CANNOT later 'restore' / 'revert' / 'reverse' the bootloader to match 9.510 again.

It is NOT possible, apart from a reflash at the factory, to go backwards in bootloader code. Code within the bootloader itself prevents this. If the old bootloader sees a new one, the new one gets copied to and used from a protected area of memory that you and your operating system do NOT see on the device. That helps to prevent a person from bricking a unit easily, and allows for reloading or updating if the ttsystem software is somehow lost or corrupted.
It's been a long time since I messed around with this stuff. I forgot firmware is loaded into rom.

It's been a long time since I messed around with this stuff. I forgot firmware is loaded into rom.
It's not ROM per se, else it couldn't be re-written with new bootloader code, but it's an area of NVM memory that is not part of the file system. Think of it more along the lines of the BIOS on your PC, which can also be updated with the right utility. Write-able for updates, but not visible to you.

Interesting. 8,022KB would be just right for that file, too. Perhaps you'd been shuffling things around back then. The folder name __Transfer would seem to suggest this.
No, the "__Transfer" folder existed as a sub-folder in my Downloads for years.day'.

Screen 24-04-26 at 04.26.JPG

Screen 24-04-26 at 04.47.JPG

No, the "__Transfer" folder existed as a sub-folder in my Downloads for years.day'.

View attachment 6237

View attachment 6238
Different ???
Looks to me like 9.510 and 9.541 for your 930 used exactly the SAME bootloader (v 55120).

Yes, that is what I meant by pay dirt.

May at Atlas1 could look as to what it says in his ttgo.bif file and we should appeal anyone else with an XXL550TM to see what is in their device.

Yes, that is what I meant by pay dirt.

May at Atlas1 could look as to what it says in his ttgo.bif file and we should appeal anyone else with an XXL550TM to see what is in their device.
Bootloader version: S5.5274 clist#540743 RVCT (Damaged gps)
Bootloader version: S5.5279 clist#575098 RVCT (Working gps)

The Bootloader version: S5.5274 on the damaged gps was the same when it was new running Navcore v.9.510. The Bootloader version: S5.5274 on the damaged gps remained the same when it was updated to Navcore v.9.541.

I was able to update to navcore 9.541 and installed a U.S. map using tomtom home v.2.23. And everything works except the red light camera feature.

I no longer have access to tomtom home v2.11. Only tomtom home v.2.23 opens. The windows backup for the previous version is either compromised or doesn't exist. (the backup of the previous version of tomtom home must have changed after updating the working gps) Tomtom home v.2.23 only has access to the working gps folders and files. The downloaded and saved files for the working gps are in a folder named tomtomupgrade.

The tomtom home v.2.11 dashboard was able to manipulate the files from the damaged gps. The folders and files from the damaged gps are contained in a folder named tomtom. So the downloaded and saved folders and files are still there but can only be moved manually using explorer.

Ask a Question