XXL and _X2 icons

They should do.... I use them on an 'XL Live IQ' which I believe is functionally identical to the XXL.

But what are you expecting them to do?

The "X2" icons are ONLY used in the top left corner of the navigation screen during POI warnings, and on recent TT software they are not even shown completely full-sized then.

On NAV2 TomTom devices such as the XXL you cannot use double-sized icons on the main map display, if you try, the software just shows them small.

It also messes up the transparency at all sizes now.....

attachment.php

(the bottom row should be transparent)

Attachments

• Transparent_icons_NAV2_1.JPG
    Transparent_icons_NAV2_1.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 667
Thanks for your reply.
In the top left corner of the navigation screen there's the same small image as in the map....It seems that this feature isn't available

I'm afraid I must disagree.....

As I said above, on the most recent software, the icon in the top left is not shown as large as it used to be, but the "X2" icon DOES get used. (or at least it does on all of my my TomToms).

To prove it, I have set up a warning for a pub on my XL, using my own POI file with an icon of a beer glass.

Here it is with just the normal sized icon installed:

attachment.php

Here it is with the normal sized icon AND a a 44x44 "X2" icon installed:

attachment.php

And here it is with the normal icon and a TOTALLY DIFFERENT picture installed as the "X2" pubs icon:

attachment.php

As you can see, in picture #1 the normal icon is scaled up slightly, to be used in the top left corner.

In picture #2, the 44x44 icon has been used instead.

In picture #3 the new 44x44 icon has been used, proving that it's not just the normal icon re-sized.

So... we need to work out why it's not giving you the results you expect...

Attachments

• x2_icons_proof_nav2_1.jpg
    x2_icons_proof_nav2_1.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 625
  • x2_icons_proof_nav2_2.jpg
    x2_icons_proof_nav2_2.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 721
  • x2_icons_proof_nav2_3.jpg
    x2_icons_proof_nav2_3.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 648

Ask a Question