Transfer of Premium Voices

I have the Go6200 & the new satnavs i read had a way to avoid ulez zones, i have a older diesel car.
I was thinking about buying the new satnav purely for that feature & mind you there is nothing wrong with this one.
I don’t need to connect it to my PC which is redundant laying in the garage.

Then i read that tt are leaving the satnav market, already stopped selling in Usa & Canada.
Well i am certainly not buying a new tt satnav, stuff that!
Apart from this forum & the lads that run this, there is no support , & they do a smashing job & if you do get a reply its some desk jockey who thinks his answer will suffice even though its not helpful.
TT were brilliant at what they did, its a shame that they are pulling out.

Thank you!
TomTom are ignoring my requests to return the unit for a refund!
I was able to download the maps via my WiFi connection!
Same for my TomTom Go 6200.

I have the Go6200 & the new satnavs i read had a way to avoid ulez zones, i have a older diesel car.
I was thinking about buying the new satnav purely for that feature & mind you there is nothing wrong with this one.
I don’t need to connect it to my PC which is redundant laying in the garage.

Then i read that tt are leaving the satnav market, already stopped selling in Usa & Canada.
Well i am certainly not buying a new tt satnav, stuff that!
Apart from this forum & the lads that run this, there is no support , & they do a smashing job & if you do get a reply its some desk jockey who thinks his answer will suffice even though its not helpful.
TT were brilliant at what they did, its a shame that they are pulling out.
Excellent advice! Spot on with regard to TT support! They are ignoring my emails arranging for a return and refund! So sorry that I bothered with the new unit when my TT Go 6200 has been faultless!

Hi everyone,
I purchased two Premium Voices for my TomTom GO 6200. TomTom emailed me to advise that I was using outdated technology and to upgrade to the TomTom Exclusive 7, offering a tempting 35% off the usual price.

The new device arrived today and I reach out to this Forum because I have been unable to access a human being to assist! Despite my best efforts!

I require instructions with regard to transferring the paid for voices to my new device, if this is at all possible on the Go Exclusive 7?

Seems to be stuck on downloading new maps too! Now 'partially updating' and has been stuck at 7.2GB for over an hour now!

It has been a while since I required assistance from TomTom and their lack of human interaction is making me feel that it might be better to return the new item, receive a refund and stick with the GO 6200, which has been faultless for me, despite TomTom's claims of this device using 'outdated technology'! Or maybe purchase a device from one of their competitors?

Can anyone assist?

TYIA!
I've had 2 emails about 'outdated technologies ' on my 3yr old Go Camper and offering 35% discount on new devices followed by 2 emails apologising for emails sent in error.

You can't blame Tomtom for offering newer GPS devices at less than 35%.

A 3 year old GPS is starting to get old.

Thank you for all of the advice and suggestions. Very much appreciated!

I took the TT Exclusive 7 for a test drive today.

I liked the bigger screen and improved definition that the screen provided.

I ‘tweaked’ the device to suit my preferences and I will manage to become accustomed to not having Stephen Fry guide me through my journey!

The only irritation was the fact that the device frequently lost the connection to my iPhone 13, which, resulted in loss of connection to TomTom services!

Is this a common problem? I do like the fact that the TT GO 6200 has its own SIM card!

The only irritation was the fact that the device frequently lost the connection to my iPhone 13, which, resulted in loss of connection to TomTom services!

Is this a common problem? I do like the fact that the TT GO 6200 has its own SIM card!
If your phone plan includes its use for WiFi 'tethering/hotspot', I've always found that WiFi is a more reliable connection than Bluetooth for traffic, especially with an iPhone. You might want to give that a try.

If your phone plan includes its use for WiFi 'tethering/hotspot', I've always found that WiFi is a more reliable connection than Bluetooth for traffic, especially with an iPhone. You might want to give that a try.
Thank you canderson! Frustratingly, that is exactly what I was using! Connection kept dropping, as indicated by a X next to TomTom Services! iPhone positioned on car dashboard close to device so not really sure why it couldn’t maintain a connection?

Thank you canderson! Frustratingly, that is exactly what I was using! Connection kept dropping, as indicated by a X next to TomTom Services! iPhone positioned on car dashboard close to device so not really sure why it couldn’t maintain a connection?
I can't recall what the priority is if you have both Bluetooth and WiFi connections set up between the phone and TomTom, but there's something in the back of my mind bugging me and telling me that Bluetooth will take priority.

Be sure to unpair any previous Bluetooth connection between the phone and TomTom when using WiFi connection for data.

I can't recall what the priority is if you have both Bluetooth and WiFi connections set up between the phone and TomTom, but there's something in the back of my mind bugging me and telling me that Bluetooth will take priority.

Be sure to unpair any previous Bluetooth connection between the phone and TomTom when using WiFi connection for data.
Thank you! Will certainly try that!

Ask a Question