Tomtom Go App not working on car android system

šŸ¤£

What a wonderfully inaccurate statement.

I've used the Android version of the 'GO Navigation' app (in its various forms over the years) DIRECTLY INSTALLED on 3 different Android head units without major issue:
1. Xtrons (PX5 based unit) for 5+ years
2. Junsun V1 Plus (AC8257 based unit for 1.5+ years)
3. Teyes CC3 2K (Unisoc UIS7862 based unit) installed approximately 2 weeks ago

All the functionality works well for me, the UI seems to scale quite well for me e.g. the Xtrons head unit only had a 7" display and the Teyes head unit has a 10.2 (high resolution) 2000x1200 display. The UI on both device is/was entirely usable, which is why I'm very happy to continue paying my annual suscription to Tom Tom.

In terms of running the application directly on an Android head unit, assuming the basic hardware requirements are met and a person isn't running a 405 year old version of Android, there's really no reason for the application not to run natively on the device (and it does).

It MAY (or may not) be correct to say that Tom Tom don't prioritise the UI/user experience for device/display sizes of 7 inches or more, but to state "It cannot be installed directly on an Android car radio" is utterly absurd and entirely incorrect from a factual standpoint.
In my message, it should be understood that the Tomtom GO application is intended to be used on the smartphone.

Tomtom has not tested it with Android embedded systems.

So either the application works or it does not.

In my message, it should be understood that the Tomtom GO application is intended to be used on the smartphone.

Tomtom has not tested it with Android embedded systems.

So either the application works or it does not.
I appreciate that was your intention. If you'd only made the 1st sentence, that's exactly the point you would have made.

Especially for 'non-techy' people (who likely cannot 'read between the lines', it's important to be accurate when making statements that sound very definitely/final i.e. there's a huge difference between:
  1. The app has been developed for use a smartphones, as a result it may, or may not work correctly when installed on an Android head unit (OR)
  2. The app is not compatible with Android head units
    1. This statement can only be intrepreted one 1, expect that the app won't even install on an Android head unit

Ask a Question