Go Discover loses position

I will have a second vehicle that we could test it but it will bve in a weeks time.

I shall try it again and report back.

Thanks ... open to all suggestions.

I have just returned from a 2800 mile trip across France without any problems using my Go Superior. As I don’t live that far from you in Port Talbot, you could give my older Go 6200 a try and see if you have the same problems with that.

Thank you Valvejockey ... very kind.
At the moment I have more pressing issues with my car ... losing power on main roads etc. Do have to drive to Withybush hospital on Thursday so hopefully the car will make it and the Go Discover behaves itself!
Funny enough, I started to rely on the car GPS when in France and that was perfect ... strange really as it's usually terrible. With £200 to update the car system I bought the Go Discover instead ... the irony!

No problem Elton,
Lets hope you get your car sorted.
I bought my new Superior last year, as my older one didn’t support Clean Air Zones.
Before I used it for serious long journeys, I used to use it on routes that I knew, just to get used to it. Might be worth a try to see what happens.

Absolutely. All the local running about since we returned from France has been good … but on roads I know it isn’t an issue, France was a different proposition altogether.
I believe you mentioned a green Eco symbol a while ago. We had this when stuck on the M20/M25 … decided to try it. It took us all around the houses and I think we probably lost a further 30-minutes doing it. Never again for sure.

I don’t think it was an eco symbol, I was in Antibes in the South of France stuck in traffic, when a Green symbol flashed up on the RHS route bar with if I remember correctly two arrows on it.
it also showed a Green -7 further up the side bar.
I ignored it just in case

I was afraid to take the new route as I didn’t know what would happen, hopefully it will show up again when in this country. Then I will give it a go.

I have just reread your post about the problems in Zurich.
I also had a similar problem in Monte Carlo where my TomTom got totally confused and couldn't make its mind up where to go.
I put it down to the high rise buildings blocking the GPS signal, in the end i just followed the traffic signs until it corrected itself.
This also happened a few years ago with my older Go 6200 as well

I have just reread your post about the problems in Zurich.
I also had a similar problem in Monte Carlo where my TomTom got totally confused and couldn't make its mind up where to go.
I put it down to the high rise buildings blocking the GPS signal, in the end i just followed the traffic signs until it corrected itself.
This also happened a few years ago with my older Go 6200 as well
The worrying issue was the car was trying to stall, was running poorly and half the roads were out of commission for roadworks. Not a good city for cars at the best of times.

The worrying issue was the car was trying to stall, was running poorly and half the roads were out of commission for roadworks. Not a good city for cars at the best of times.
That's not good, its bad enough worrying about your car problems, without worrying about where you are going.

The unit behaved perfectly in Pembrokeshire today despite a lot of road works ... so perhaps my issues were isolated incidents?
I don't know but it seems good atm.
Thanks for all the advice and generous offer of a 'borrow' from @Valvejockey ... appreciate them all very much.

The unit behaved perfectly in Pembrokeshire today despite a lot of road works ... so perhaps my issues were isolated incidents?
I don't know but it seems good atm.
Thanks for all the advice and generous offer of a 'borrow' from @Valvejockey ... appreciate them all very much.
Hopefully it will continue to behave itself and carry on working correctly. Fingers Crossed

Ask a Question