GO 6200 - SD card/map error

An update. last reported back in May 4 that I had problems.
Glad to say that with the help of you guys I have finally managed to upload a USA map onto my sd card, and it’s up and running.
Guess I better book a flight to rest it out.
Thank you all for your help advice and support.

An update. last reported back in May 4 that I had problems.
Glad to say that with the help of you guys I have finally managed to upload a USA map onto my sd card, and it’s up and running.
Guess I better book a flight to rest it out.
Thank you all for your help advice and support.
I suspect it's TomTom you'll need to thank for this one, both for breaking it and fixing it! Guessing the newer firmware took care of your problem?

Not quite. I mentioned to TomTom about the issue regarding update .003 and there was know help. Issue started with update .001, and they released update .002 with sd card access problem unresolved, that was the update that I applied and walked straight into the issue without warning. When I was informed .003 was available I still encountered the problem, even though others on this forum said it was working. TomTom recommended a couple of things but did not suggest reformatting the sd card, that was suggested on this forum, and so I say thanks to those that support this forum.

Remember TomTom only provide a limited warranty period and state the when those devices no longer work there is no support for them, but you do not expect TomTom to provide an update that limits the operation of your device.

In general I'm quite happy with TomTom. They provide useful devices and are continually evolving, but it would be nice to see some top of the range devices with lifetime update including speed cameras and services.

As the originator of this thread I thought I'd report back.

After doing a full format of my SD card on my PC followed by a format on my 6200 all is now back to normal and working as expected.

As the originator of this thread I thought I'd report back.

After doing a full format of my SD card on my PC followed by a format on my 6200 all is now back to normal and working as expected.
Thanks for getting back to us. Yes, it seems that even after the .0003 update, it has been necessary to back and start the formatting process from the beginning. It makes me suspect that the earlier releases were breaking the uSD card's TomTom style format, making it impossible to load maps to the card.

Ask a Question