Error while logging into TomTom account in Start 52 Device

I think there must be an error when you enter the login details on Mydrive and your Tomtom account...

If you look on Mydrive do you see this poi file?

Yes, all poi files are there and I can download new ones ok to my drive and they show up ok there.
I've rechecked my login name, passwords and look all the same and ok. I managed ok to do a map update just recently, so my account is good .Thanks again

Tried that. Still won't sync as the unit will not log on to mydrive. I gives the "oops message" when I enter the password to login on the unit. Unit only connects on to mydrive connect. My go50 which shows I'm logged into mydrive will connect to mydrive connect, but will not sync on mydrive. I'm thinking it's a server issue at the mydrive part as mydrive connect will see both units for map and voice updates but obviously not for poi or routes, which can only done through mydrive ? Thanks again.

I have resolved the issue with the excellent support from Nikky @ TomTom Customer care.
This was the process I followed.
I had done a factory reset previously but tried again today using the suggested method of leaving for 20mins with full GPS active then connecting to the PC & opening MyDrive Connect, log in on the PC & when PC is connected to the TomTom52, then go to TomTom Services on the TomTom & connected to MyDrive using my account details – IT WORKS NOW !!
I can now plan & download locations & routes using the new Plan.TomTom.com
Copied below is the information from Nikky.
I would request you to perform Factory Reset. on your device. Once done take out the device & keep in open sky view for 20- 25 minutes until the device gets valid GPS Signal on device. Once there is GPS signal get back & try to connect to Wi-Fi the device will be connected to servers.

I have resolved the issue with the excellent support from Nikky @ TomTom Customer care.
This was the process I followed.
I had done a factory reset previously but tried again today using the suggested method of leaving for 20mins with full GPS active then connecting to the PC & opening MyDrive Connect, log in on the PC & when PC is connected to the TomTom52, then go to TomTom Services on the TomTom & connected to MyDrive using my account details – IT WORKS NOW !!
I can now plan & download locations & routes using the new Plan.TomTom.com
Copied below is the information from Nikky.
I would request you to perform Factory Reset. on your device. Once done take out the device & keep in open sky view for 20- 25 minutes until the device gets valid GPS Signal on device. Once there is GPS signal get back & try to connect to Wi-Fi the device will be connected to servers.
Your Start 52 does not need to receive a satellite signal to load poi files from Mydrive your GPS must be connected to your computer and Mydrive connect.
Furthermore, the Start 52 does not have wi-fi so it cannot connect directly to the server.

That is why I included my exact method and it did work !!
If anyone has the same issue I suggest that they try it.

Ask a Question