XL 340S Rebooting and no longer showing antitheftw image

After several flawless months, I had my first problem with my XL 340S the other day. I turned it on and it would not acquire a signal, then it would not respond to touch. After about a minute, it turned off and restarted by itself. Further power-ons still would not acquire a signal, and rebooted again by itself after about 1-2 mins.This continued several times, and I gave up and turned it off.

Later that day, I turned it on again and it picked up the signal and appeared to work normally. Except, instead of showing splashw.bmp on startup and antitheft.bmp on shutdown, it shows splashw.bmp at both times. I checked the actual file in the TT root directory and the desired antitheftw.bmp is located there and meets all the requirements.

I can't say 100% positively that the shutdown image problem started at the same time as the rebooting, but I do not recall noticing it before.

Is either of these problems a common one with a recent update or anything? Thanks for your help!

You asked about upgrades: did you perform one just before you started having the reboot issues?

You asked about upgrades: did you perform one just before you started having the reboot issues?
Lately I have the same problem( showing splashw.bmp on startup and shutdown).
I do have both bitmaps(splashw & antitheftw) in root directory and have not done any changes except regular updates (mapshares,gpsfix,speed cameras). No other issues with operation of unit.
Would appreciate any suggestion. Thanks

XL 340S
TTH 2.7.6.2050
Appl. Ver. 9.056

Lately I have the same problem( showing splashw.bmp on startup and shutdown).
I do have both bitmaps(splashw & antitheftw) in root directory and have not done any changes except regular updates (mapshares,gpsfix,speed cameras). No other issues with operation of unit.
Would appreciate any suggestion. Thanks

XL 340S
TTH 2.7.6.2050
Appl. Ver. 9.056
Oops wrong quote....but same problem as original post.

Check safety preferences, and change the setting of "warn to leave in car". That sometimes works.

Ask a Question