TomTom will download new maps OK, but always fails with MapShare

TomTom Model(s)
XL340S, XXL540
I have two TomTom's (XL340S & XXL540) with the same problem. I can download and update my maps, but then the program looks for updates. A 7.6mb MapShare update comes up, and when I press the Update & Install button, the backup program begins and runs for about an hour. After the back up I get a 'NULL' message and nothing is downloaded. I have trying using both computer (Win 7 professional) restarts and TomTom resets (Hold pwr button for 10 sec) with no improvement.
Each attempt takes an hour for the backup... A call to TomTom support proved fruitless with additional e-mailed instructions from their tech team being just a rehash of what we tried on the phone. Anybody have a suggestion?

I have two TomTom's (XL340S & XXL540) with the same problem. I can download and update my maps, but then the program looks for updates. A 7.6mb MapShare update comes up, and when I press the Update & Install button, the backup program begins and runs for about an hour. After the back up I get a 'NULL' message and nothing is downloaded. I have trying using both computer (Win 7 professional) restarts and TomTom resets (Hold pwr button for 10 sec) with no improvement.
Each attempt takes an hour for the backup... A call to TomTom support proved fruitless with additional e-mailed instructions from their tech team being just a rehash of what we tried on the phone. Anybody have a suggestion?
Only as an Last resort, you can use the emergency recovery procedure. This has worked for a few people.
https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1898/

Ask a Question