TomTom Go730 wont turn on

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom XL IQ2 (XL350)
I have left it charging for a few hours, the green light shows, and tried resetting it with a paperclip but it does nothing. Can anyone help?

I have the same with a new one purchased off e bay . Tried reset button just the sound of Tom toms for a few seconds then nothing .

I have the same with a new one purchased off e bay . Tried reset button just the sound of Tom toms for a few seconds then nothing .
It's the battery that died and you just bought a GO 730 which is no longer updated by Tomtom.

Yes heard Tom toms then nothing tried three presses of start button but no message on screen or green light after removing from charger . Was charged for 12 Hrs.

Yes heard Tom toms then nothing tried three presses of start button but no message on screen or green light after removing from charger . Was charged for 12 Hrs.
As already said, it is the battery that is dead and no longer holds a charge.

I know this sounds stupid ### but it’s brand new, it gets the sound of the Tomtoms so not that flat , but you might be right as it was purchased some time ago and not used , I wonder if there’s a way of putting power to the Tom Tom to see if it works , I’ve tried it connected to charger ???????.

Did you connect it to wall charger, not computer?
IIRC, that device was built in 2007 or 2008.
My GO 930 from 2008 needed a new battery in 2015.

Ask a Question