Can't reset/restore unit. Mac

So I tried to install an update and I'm getting the flashing red X now. TomTom website says:

Connect your TomTom device to your computer and turn it on.

Go to Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility.

Select your TomTom device / memory card in the left pane and then click Repair Disk.

it didn't work. I tried to reinstall the update. Not sure what to do, can someone help?

TY

UPDATE: Trying to reinstall. I get this window:

"You have used a newer version of TomTom HOME with this Tom Tom device. We recommend you upgrade to the latest version of TomTom Home before continuing" Options: CANCEL / CONTINUE ANYWAY. When I hit cancel I get nowhere, and my software says that there are no updates to be downloaded. I've tried continue anyway but I'm jammed up.
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Last edited:
Try a pin reset. If that doesn't help, try logging into tomtom.com directly and getting the firmware application that way.

didn't work

So I have tried the pin reset a number of times. Been on the phone with tomtom twice. I'm still not operating.

I have a mac. They had me save my 'north america' folder and format the 720. When that was formatted I had to drag my 'north american' folder back onto the 720. When that was done I was just supposed to plug it in and sync. That didn't work, a dialog box stating "Retrieving update information Please wait.." is all I get and it just hangs for ever. So I forced quite and deleted the tomtom software on my computer, then reinstalled from the disk. It tells me that there is a new version available, would I like to update. I say yes and it tells me that it cannot do it. Then I get the dialog box again: "Retriving update information Please wait.." Its hung up again.

This is where I am at currently and I can't call them now because they are closed. I would be completely content with wiping the 720 clean and all traces of tomtom from my mac and starting like new. I thought I did that but I am having complications.

can anyone help?

Thank so much. Jill

Ask a Question