tomtom go 360 factory reset

TomTom Model(s)
140 s
Hi I got a tomtom go 630 in a yard sale, without knowing I deleted files on it. Now it reboots with a sd icon with an X on it.
Is there a way to install factory files back on it and start from scratch?
thanks

1. Go here and get Home 2, the software that needs installing on your computer: tomtom.com/home

2. Connect the unit to the computer and use Explorer. Is there a specific map folder there? (labelled something like North America?) If so, don't touch it. BUT, delete all loose files in the root of the unit, NO folders or their contents.

3. Connect to Home and register yourself with an email address/password. Doesn't even have to be a real email address, just in the proper aaa @ bbb.com.

Go to Update my Go and you'll be offered a new application (should be 8.351). Install it. Disconnect properly from Home using the Device Disconnect icon and turn on the unit.

BUT.......................................

If you deleted the specific map folder without making a backup, you'll need to purchase a new map.

Ask a Question