Rider 550 not connecting to traffic IPhone 15

Hi @Bike rider -
If your Rider is connecting ok to your home WiFi which you say is receiving Traffic data and is also obtaining your favourites via the MyDrive cloud, then I can only assume it is your iPhone 15 that is the issue. Looking back at my #10 posting, are you able to confirm those APN settings on your iPhone? Are you recieving mobile internet ok on your iPhone via the EE sim?. When you bought it from your work colleague, were they recieving mobile traffic data ok and are you able to find out what network provider they were using? Your EE provider does allow Bluetooth & WiFi tethering.

Hi @Bike rider -
If your Rider is connecting ok to your home WiFi which you say is receiving Traffic data and is also obtaining your favourites via the MyDrive cloud, then I can only assume it is your iPhone 15 that is the issue. Looking back at my #10 posting, are you able to confirm those APN settings on your iPhone? Are you recieving mobile internet ok on your iPhone via the EE sim?. When you bought it from your work colleague, were they recieving mobile traffic data ok and are you able to find out what network provider they were using? Your EE provider does allow Bluetooth & WiFi tethering.
Hello @Kieron M
yes i am receiving mobile internet on my EE SIM, I dont see any APN settings under Motile service in any of the submenuus

Hello @Kieron M
yes i am receiving mobile internet on my EE SIM, I dont see any APN settings under Motile service in any of the sub menuus but i dont have a Mobile data network sub menu, closest are Mobile data options or network provider services neither of which has any APN settings.
My colleague never used the traffic function and didnt pair it with a phone.

Maybe its just me not doing something righ or technology just hates me hahahahahahah, back to written istructions taped to tank hahahaha

Hi @Bike rider -
My Mobile Data Network setting is just above the Network Provider Services on o2. Is there any possibility you would be able to test with another (siblings/friend mobile/iPhone? It seems very strange - can you also check with EE to make sure that tethering with your Hotspot is operational on your account?

Hi @Bike rider -
My Mobile Data Network setting is just above the Network Provider Services on o2. Is there any possibility you would be able to test with another (siblings/friend mobile/iPhone? It seems very strange - can you also check with EE to make sure that tethering with your Hotspot is operational on your account?
Hi @Kieron M

yes i wil do that, thanks

Hi @Kieron M

yes i wil do that, thanks
Hi @Kieron M
Works fine with mates iphone on vodafone
spoke to EE they say tethering is operational and said reset network settings which i did and made no difference, next step is full reset which i am dubious about doing but will try when I have time, also fonna try hotspot with one of my other devices.

its getting tedious now

Hi @Kieron M
Works fine with mates iphone on vodafone
spoke to EE they say tethering is operational and said reset network settings which i did and made no difference, next step is full reset which i am dubious about doing but will try when I have time, also fonna try hotspot with one of my other devices.

its getting tedious now
Hi there @Bike rider -
It is good to hear that the Rider receives traffic from your friends iPhone. Before you you carry out a full iPhone reset (which totally wipes everything and puts it back to a “fresh out of the box” handset) and also doing a full backup to your PC or iMac beforehand, please try closing your iPhone down first if you have not already tried this by holding the power button and volume up button together until you see the slide to power off tab, then slide right. Wait for a minute, then power it back up.
A couple of months ago, I had an issue with my Ring doorbell app on my iPhone and no matter what I tried within the app - even deleting it and reinstalling it twice, still didn’t resolve it. After a chat with customer services, they said “have you tried turning the iPhone off and then on again for a clean boot up?” 🤭

Now slightly embarrassed - turned out that this was all that was needed. That’s the thing about phones - we generally don’t tend to turn them off.
** Another note to Mod. - possibly move this thread to “Rider Specific Issues”.

Hi there @Bike rider -
It is good to hear that the Rider receives traffic from your friends iPhone. Before you you carry out a full iPhone reset (which totally wipes everything and puts it back to a “fresh out of the box” handset) and also doing a full backup to your PC or iMac beforehand, please try closing your iPhone down first if you have not already tried this by holding the power button and volume up button together until you see the slide to power off tab, then slide right. Wait for a minute, then power it back up.
A couple of months ago, I had an issue with my Ring doorbell app on my iPhone and no matter what I tried within the app - even deleting it and reinstalling it twice, still didn’t resolve it. After a chat with customer services, they said “have you tried turning the iPhone off and then on again for a clean boot up?” 🤭

Now slightly embarrassed - turned out that this was all that was needed. That’s the thing about phones - we generally don’t tend to turn them off.
** Another note to Mod. - possibly move this thread to “Rider Specific Issues”.

Hi @Kieron M

You wont believe this but it now works!.....Hurrah

So after it still not working after resetting network settings I went home and tried connecting my Ipad via hotspot, this didnt work either but I was in a rush to get to gym, anyway when i got home i tried Ipad again and it worked so i tried tom tom and that also worked! tried it again this morning and it still works. I wonder if resetting the network settings has to do something at EE end which takes some time?

(I have previously power cycled iphone to no avail)

Glad I persevered and thank you so much for your help without which i would probably have put a hammer through it .

Hey there @Bike rider -

It is great news that you are now connected with traffic to your Rider using your iPhone 15!
I’m REALLY glad the hammer stayed in the toolbox and you were able to persevere with resolving the problem and hopefully, should now be fine.
One last tip, I always turn on my iPhone Hotspot first, then power on my Rider, then my Sena communication system last. Always links first time as I’m allowing the Rider first priority Bluetooth connection.
Just out of interest - are you using the Bluetooth or WiFi Hotspot?

Hey there @Bike rider -

It is great news that you are now connected with traffic to your Rider using your iPhone 15!
I’m REALLY glad the hammer stayed in the toolbox and you were able to persevere with resolving the problem and hopefully, should now be fine.
One last tip, I always turn on my iPhone Hotspot first, then power on my Rider, then my Sena communication system last. Always links first time as I’m allowing the Rider first priority Bluetooth connection.
Just out of interest - are you using the Bluetooth or WiFi Hotspot?
@Kieron M
im using blue tooth, and i too turned on hotspot first

Ask a Question