Mysterious three chimes

OK,
So, I'm cruising down Autobahn 6 in Germany the other day and all of a sudden my TomTom GO 910 let's out three chimes....like the tones that you may hear in a department store to call the manager up front. Ding, Ding, Ding. Five minutes later, I hear it again. It happened maybe 5 times over the course of an hour without any reason that I could figure out. I wasn't near a place to turn. I wasn't near any speed cameras (I don't think - that's a different sound anyway). I wasn't near construction or any other condition change. I wasn't receiving a call.

Then I'm coming back today along the same route and it does it again... It's not obnoxious...I just want to know what TomTom's trying to tell me.

Of course, the manual doesn't say anything about the mysterious three chimes. Anyone? Bueler? Bueler? Bueler?

TIA!
Matt

Speed?

Have you got it set to alert you when you go over a certain speed? Check your safety settings.

It's definitely a speed alarm. I had never encountered this at home in the US because apparently the US map doesn't contain speed limits, but it occurred while on a trip in Italy. Always happened at the same place. It must have been a default setting that came with the TomTom, because I didn't even know that the choice existed till I started looking through the preferences menu.

Go to Change Preferences / Safety Preferences and uncheck "Warn when driving faster than a set speed."

Ask a Question