TomTom with Audio Out/12 v Switch

Hi there,

Im new to the forum I did some poking around but I couldn't come up with exactly what I was looking for, or at least not a precise answer.

For starters Im in Canada.

I am looking to upgrade the GPS unit I currently have. I want to get something modern with four very specific features:

1) Turns on and off with the vehicle (will be powered by switched 12v)
2) Audio out, either headphone or line level
3) Lifetime map updates
4) Lifetime live traffic

One and Two are the most important, 3 and 4 would be nice!

I really enjoy the TOMTOM units, is there going to be one that fits my needs? I noted that many of the units have audio out but the cradles that support this are only available in the europe... is there anyone who ships overseas? My car has a navigation input that mutes the front speakers to give turn by turn direction, it is a VERY nice feature that I don't want to go without!

Thanks very much in advance,

Stephen

Stephen, as of right now, there are NO TomTom models anywhere that have the auto-on feature. And, right now, there are NO models in Canada that have LIVE services.

That said, since Canada is the only English speaking country without these devices (US, UK, New Zealand, Australia and South Africa have at least one LIVE model), one can hope Canada will also join the club in the forseeable future.

Ask a Question