MapShare Updates not applying?!?

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom GO 910
Folks, I've got a TomTom GO 930 that has been working great until recently.

It appears that although I'm offered Map Share updates via TomTom Home, my number of "MapShare corrections in use" hasn't gone up from 30246 since the last ten or so updates!

Has anyone seen this? Is there something I can do to fix it?

~B

Well, in Home's options, you could choose to remove all map share corrections by everyone. Then the next connection should offer a current file to dl and install.

But, I wouldn't try that without a complete backup of your unit's contents by Explorer first.

I did as dhh said awhile back. Worked fine. I did find I had to physically unplug my device, restart HOME and it downloaded a sh*tload of Shares. You can also go into the Mapshare folder and delete the cache. I have done that as well.

Cheers

Last edited:
I only got my TomTom ONE for Christmas, but the number of MapShares quickly went over 30,000. I set it to the most promiscuous setting, "Apply even if it's just an unsubstantiated rumor". :)

This week, the number of ""MapShare map corrections in use" plummetted. It's now at 15,311. I call it the Great MapShare Massacre.

Interestingly, this morning my unit gave me correct directions through the confusing I-635/US 75 intersection in Dallas for the first time. I'll see tomorrow if it's because I got on I-635 from a different point, but every other time I've gone through the intersection westbound, it seemed to think the HOV lanes (in the middle) were the mainlanes. Today, it finally discovered the right side of the road.

Others here know my standard response (well, one of them, anyway) at times like this:

Aliens! (Honest) :D

Actually, mine too plummeted yesterday, seem to have "lost" about 2/3 of my shares.

Has happened before, and they do seem to migrate back.

cheers!

Mine have been going up normally by a few hundred.. My number hasn't gone down. Wonder what the problem might be you guys are having.

You should go and recheck your mapshare preferences to make sure they didn't get reset to "strict" on its own.

I've found that sometimes my map share counter doesn't increment following an update, until I hit the preferences page (even though, it still shows I'm allowing everything). The text will show something like, 3.9 MB more at this setting, leading me to think that the internal trust setting may be resetting, even though my pref setting hasn't changed.

In these cases, I just hit "apply" & then the counter increases.

Must be aliens! :D

Well, the option is set to "low" -- allow anything. But at the bottom, it says:

Current corrections on device: 1.9 MB
After this update: 6.3 MB

That's strange -- perhaps the 15k number *is* "Strict", and I'm missing the updates despite the slider setting. So I hit "Done", and it takes a long time to get back to the main menu.

After "Update", I now have... "35161 MapShare map corrections in use".

I kind of enjoyed watching the unit make the right decisions sending me to work today. I'll find out tomorrow if I lost that by agreeing to be on the bleeding edge.

Edit: Guess great minds think alike!

Last edited:
Good news -- my route to work *did* remain correct, even after downloading the latest rumors. 35667 corrections in use today.

:)

No, I've just got my MapShare preferences set to "Enquirer", accepting even the wildest unsubstantiated rumors. I think it shows Area 51 under "Amusement Parks". (Actually, it did list a business park near my home as an "Amusement Park".)

Ask a Question