Inherited a TT Go 300

TomTom Model(s)
TT Rider V2
Hi all,
We have just inherited my sisters TT Go 300, she has been bought a new model for her birthday and notice that it is fitted with a 128mb SD card.

I have got the following info from the device: App 5.20 (5244/050522); O/S:906; 30mbRAM (free 7.3mb); GPS v1.21; Boot 2.18; Map Great_Britain-Map v562

My questions are: -
i) When I connect to TT Home & click I get a message that I need to create an account, (I already own a TT Rider 2 sat nav), can you add additional accounts with out overwriting my TTR2 one?

ii) The SD card is a paltry 128mb card - what is this card used for on the device - surely it doesn't hold the GB maps does it? The updates being recommended include Tom Tom Application for Go, One & Rider, 8mb and Phone connection settings, 0.4 mb, needless to say there is not enough room on the card without removing Great Britain, 8.4mb & Voice not in your language, (Tim English GB 0.7mb)? English is my language???

iii) Can we use a larger SD card on this device - don't suppose it is as easy as copying the contents from the existing card to a larger capacity one is it? I will try this in a minute:)

iv) Will it be better to install the TT Home software on another pc or laptop to ensure no conflicts between my TTR2 & the GO 300?

Thanks for any advice you can throw my way

Pete

Well, I have answered one of my questions - I copied the contents of the 128mb sd card to my pc hdd and then copied it to a 2gb card stuck it in the Go 300 switched on & it worked. :D

Couldn't do that on the TTR2.

Pete

Pete, make sure you use a different e-mail address for your new toy, do not use the same e-mail address as your TTR2 usesw or you will have a load of issues if you purchase maps etc. Any e-mail address can be used it doesn't even need to be a working e-mail (e-mail address removed) would be quite acceptable as far as TomTom are concerned.

Unless you intend to update the map to a new one I would leave the device alone and simply use it, yes the map is out of date, but the newer applications that go with the newer maps are not as stable as the older Navcore software IMHO - Mike

Thanks for the reply Mike.

Luckily I did use an alternative email address from that for my TTR2 but I did carryout a few updates :(

The App has gone from 5.2 to 6.520 (7690/061002); O/S from 906 to 1387 & Boot from 2.18 to 4.86 - hope it doesn't give too many issues or become unstable :eek:

I still have the original card & copy of it on my pc so can, hopefully, roll back if necessary

Pete:D

Ask a Question