Hellooooooo i found an old tomtomgps model: 4EN42 Z1230 at a garage sale, I remember seeing somewhere that people added mp4 media player.

Anything with a model number starting with 4EN4 (one of the versions of the TomTom Start 20 or Via 13x or Via 14xx) is too new to be adding 3rd party apps to it. Those are all what we call 'Nav3' devices. You'd have to get back to one of the even older 'Nav2' devices to do that.

If you'll give us the first two characters of the serial number, we can tell you exactly what you picked up, and whether there's still any support for it.

im 90% sure i have the TomTom Start 20, are there any 3rd party media players for it?
Why is TomTom downgrading their GPS's? 😭

im 90% sure i have the TomTom Start 20, are there any 3rd party media players for it?
Why is TomTom downgrading their GPS's? 😭
If you have the Start 20. It is not possible to add any third-party applications.

Why Tomtom has limited the addition of files is to prevent people from adding anything as a file on the GPS which made the GPS crash and Tomtom was forced to repair them at their expense.

That's a bit sad, ill go around looking for older models then...

Attachments

• Tomtom gps model info.png
    Tomtom gps model info.png
    25.9 KB · Views: 7
That's a bit sad, ill go around looking for older models then...
You have to be careful going that way, too. Some don't carry enough memory to deal with today's more complex maps, and so there is no longer any map support for many of them. It's kind of a Catch 22.

Ask a Question