Format 6250

Looking for advice on formatting my 6250 ,I cannot get it to load no matter what ,is it possible to format the internal storage area?? is there a software I can get to do this ,my Mac can see the drive's but access to format is denied. any help appreciated

Jim

No, it is not possible to format the internal memory of a GO 6250
What is your problem with this GPS?

Hi Willy ,

the TomTom is suck at almost complete loading ,I have gone through all the advice from Tomtom ,but it just hangs right at the end of loading , I have contacted Tomtom but no reply ,going on a European trip at the weekend and it locked up on updating

Regards

JIm

Hi
Do you update via home WiFi GPS connected to a smartphone mains charger?
Please note if you update via Wi-Fi you must not connect your GPS to the computer.

no matter what I try it stays at image 2

Attachments

• IMG_1533.jpg
    IMG_1533.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1541.jpg
    IMG_1541.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 11
Hi
Do you update via home WiFi GPS connected to a smartphone mains charger?
Please note if you update via Wi-Fi you must not connect your GPS to the computer.
direct on my Mac with the original cable. using my drive connect on LAN I am connected by ethernet cable to the Mac

Last edited:
It would be better if you performed the update without being connected by cable to your computer.

It would be better if you performed the update without being connected by cable to your computer.
sorry ,I dont understand ? I can only connect to my Mac with usb cable the TomTom came with ,I can switch
between WIFI or LAN for internet connection on the Mac ,but still the TomTom won't load ether way , I am not able to access the Tonton wifi as it won't load, I can boot into recovery mode (ms.dos screen ) and it reinstalls ,then reboots but hangs right at the end

Last edited:
its is trying to do what should but gets stuck at the very end, I can view the drive HDD on he Mac ,but not able to format it

Attachments

• IMG_1543.jpg
    IMG_1543.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1542.jpg
    IMG_1542.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 8
Thank you Willy ,I have been through all this to no avail ,I have even tried the reinstall on a windows P.C still dose the same ,hence trying to format the internal drive , I look like stamping on the thing !!!!! ,sometimes I can see the TomTom drive in disc utility it will let me first aid it ,but not format the drive

Do you have a big problem with your GPS?

GO 6250 professionals have lifetime map updates

So if you only have map version 10.30 while the latest is the version is 11.30

You must contact Tomtom support so that they can provide you with lifetime map updates.

To my knowledge there is no GO 6025 so you confirm that it is indeed a GO 6250 that you have?

Typo on my behalf my apologies.

Tomtom support have contacted me today and asked me to go through all the stuff I have been doing following the advice from their website ,they have reactivated my HGV maps ,however the Device still won't load ,so the expired maps is not the issue , I will let you know how I get on with them , I am only here until Saturday then on a job driving around Europe ,hoping they can sort the issue before I go

Even with an expired map you can still go from A to B.
A version 10.30 is a version that has not been updated for approximately 2 ½ years so there may have been changes to the route or speed limit.

Ask a Question