Canadian, Eh!!!

TomTom Model(s)
GO910
TomTom Voice Paks...
You've got your English accents, some posh, some not, some funny...
You've got your Australian accents, all twangy and fun,
You've got your southern accents, all, well, southern and twangy...
But, couldn't find anywhere a Canadian accent!

Until now!

Maybe you didn't know there was a Canadian accent! Ever heard of Bob and Doug MacKenzie? :) hehe

Well, this ain't Bob and Doug, but it's sure Canadian, eh!*

Enjoy!

http://www.blackjackband.com/tomtomvoice/Canadian_eh.EXE
(self extracting .cab - same as from TomTom.com)
*not responsible if this offends anyone! There's no swearing or cussin' ... just some Canadianisms...

Last edited:
How do i make this work and what does it do sry that i am an idiot ehh :eek:

Not to worry! And you're not an idiot...it took me a while to figure out where everything was and the tweaking shortcuts...

First, using the USB, plug in your TomTom and turn it on, then say OK to connect to the computer. Once it shows up in your My Computer directory on your computer as another "hard drive", run the downloaded .exe (self extracting) and when it asks you where you want to put the files, just select the "hard drive" of the TomTom (on mine it becomes the H: drive), and navigate to the voices directory, and say OK, so that it drops the three files into the voices directory.

Then, unplug the USB from the computer, let the TomTom reboot, and then select preferences, then navigate to Change Voice, then scroll through the available voices until you find Canadian, Eh!

Hope this helps,
lbolen

Bob and Doug...SCTV

Nope... Are they like Terence and Phillip?

If you ever get to watch the series "SCTV" (John Candy and cast) from the late 70's, early 80's, a series that started in Canada, now available on some retro stations on satellite, check it out! There a couple of hilarious actors, Rick Moranis and Dave Thomas that did a segment called "The Great White North".

(from Wikipedia):
Bob and Doug, two dumb beer-swilling brothers wearing heavy winter clothing and toques, would comment on various elements of Canadian life and culture, frequently employing the interjection "Eh?" and derisively calling each other a "hoser." Among the topics discussed were snow routes, the Canadian-built robot arm on the Space Shuttle, and "why there aren't enough parking spaces at take-out doughnut shops." See: http://www.bobanddoug.com/

Funny stuff! :cool:

Attachments

• b&d.jpg
    b&d.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 528
Last edited:
Doesn't work w/ apple computer.

I can't execute an .exe file. That is a windows application. I notice that all the other voices are zip files or other compression. They all work on my system but not this one. Could you post as zip file, like all the others?

Last edited:
zip file

For those who can't open the EXE file... zip attached.

Edit:

hhhmmmmm still can't seem to upload in this forum!

Link here

Jason the Admin doesn't like us anymore and he's taking away privileges!!

j/k... I don't know why. That's something for the Admins to figure out. Us Mods can't do anything about that... sorry

I switched my One to this voice while driving around Boston over the past few days. My boss seems to really enjoy it. Lots of fun things like roundabouts (they call them rotaries), bends in the road, etc.

OK go straight, eh?

It's awesome.

Canadian Voice

Hi guys

The link for both the exe and zip files are dead. Can some one please post either of the files again.

I will so much appreciate to have this voice on One XL.

Thanks

matomo :D

Ask a Question