Anyone figured out battery life?

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One
I'm still plagued by the extermely short battery life when your TomTom is turned off. This is the only battery operated device I have that completely looses its charge, when left off, in a week. Every time I want to enter a destination at home, I need to provide an AC source to charge it before I can do anything. TomTom support provided no answers when I questioned them about this. I have friends with Garmins and they do not have this problem. Anyone have success in solving this problem?

Mine seems to do this as well. But its random... sometimes its fine for 2 weeks or more.. other times, its a few days. I did find that it seems to suck power quicker if I leave the 12v charger hooked up to it (while its out of the car)

Might have something to do with the state of charge I leave the unit with when I take it out of the car.

It still clocks in at a solid 2 hours on battery time, so I know thats not the issue.

It not a great fix, but before I plan to use it, I charge it with my USB/AC charger for a hour or so. Then I dock it with the PC and its good to go.

Ask a Question