Finally!!!

TomTom Model(s)
GO510/710 + XXL530•S + XXL550•T
Got the new map to install onto the 2GB SD card! :D I did nothing different than I did before but this time it worked. ?????

So now I'm adding some of the POIs that I had on the earlier version as well as the starting and quitting splash screens. So far, so good.

How I did it:
Started HOME. Hooked up the cradle to the computer. Removed the original SD card and replaced it with a new blank 2GB SD card. Placed the 510 onto the cradle and then switched it on. Not sure exactly what happened after that but the screen showing my updates (along with the new North America map) came up so I clicked on start and HOME took it from there.

I did not dare touch my computer after that for fear of losing what I had accomplished. It took nearly 3.5 hours for the downloads and installation to complete. Not counting the time I'm now spending on installing the POIs and splash screens.

This is the post that I used as a reference: https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=1192&highlight=installing+to+new+SD+card

Since I wasn't installing the new map/s (North America) using a DVD I was a bit leery to follow the instructions but I had to do SOMETHING.

Ask a Question