POI (voice)

TomTom Model(s)
Tom Tom One New Edition + 2.0 GB SD Card / Tom Tom Go 720 + 4.0 GB SD Card
I have downloaded tons of great "easy to install" poi's from this forum plus followed all the recommended links. I have only one question and I hope it does not sound stupid, can I add sound to the poi's like when i come near a taco bell it will say TACO BELL. If this is possible I would appreciate some of the usual kindness I always-receive on this community website. I own a Tom Tom 720 with voice recognition enabled. Thank You

Go to your 2nd page of your preference menu.
Select 'Manage POIs'
Then 'Warn when near POI'
Select your POI and the distance
Then select the last option 'Type in your own warning'

Go to your 2nd page of your preference menu.
Select 'Manage POIs'
Then 'Warn when near POI'
Select your POI and the distance
Then select the last option 'Type in your own warning'
will the warning i set be a sound saying like '' subway "

When you type in your own warning it will say whatever you type in. So you can have it say 'Taco Bell ahead' or whatever. Just make sure that you have a computer voice selected though or it will not give you the option to type your own warning.

Please follow my instruction for adding custom sounds for POIs in the following link. I explain that you can convert any *.wav file to an *.ogg file. Simply use Windows sound recorder to record your voice saying "subway" and convert it to *.ogg.

Or, find a sound byte that has someone else saying "subway" and convert it to *.ogg:

>>> Custome POI Alert Sounds <<<

FYI, the units with text to speech does not need custom .ogg files as they can verbally speak out whichever warning you give it.

TT1 New edition text-to-speech?

Hi, I was trying to do the same thing (i.e. program POI alerts) and my TT1 (3rd ed) only gives a list of alerts, with no option to create my own. So I assume I need the .ogg file?
Thanks

went to the website and cant seem to get this wav file converter so i can put in a verbal voice to state "dunkin donuts". is there a link or free download to get this to make it happen. thanks

I have not seen the "type in your message" in the manage your poi options. I have the computer voice selected. I have the TT 730, am I missing something?

Ask a Question