TT "Traffic" Colors

canderson

TomTom Model(s)
GO720, GO740, GO 1535, Via 1535, Via 1605, GO 52, GO 600, GO 620, GO 630, GO Discover, TomTom Bridge
I believe I understand the yellow and red (bad and worse), but have also noticed some blue and other colors used on roads when using TT Traffic. Does anyone know where there's a comprehensive map legend for road colors vs. conditions? I don't see these items listed in the usual "color scheme" lists, and believe these to be unique to the TT Traffic application.

Also -- my experience to date with traffic coverage with TT Traffic is outstanding. They seem to be covering a great deal more territory than the "list" they publish would suggest. While they claim only certain metro areas here in Colorado, truth is, they also cover a great deal of the major and not-so-major rural mountain roads as well. I guess finding out where the coverage really is would be a topic unto itself...

This is old but it has the information you need.
http://www.tomtom.com/lib/doc/ttmobiletraffic_manual_uk.pdf
A couple of years old, but definitely worth a read. I wonder why they don't publish this document NOW on the web site we use?

Seems yellow = slow, and red = stationary! Worse than I thought :eek:.

I'm going to be watching for what I thought was blue. It might have been the black one they show as "road works" in this document.

Many thanks.

Ask a Question