Text to Speech with Computer Voice NOT Working

Ted

TomTom Model(s)
GO 720
HI there,:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Well it's day 2.5 with my TomTom Go 720. New problem. Text to Speech with the computer voice stopped working in it's entirety. I'm talking about the USA computer voice that reads me street names etc. I have all the check boxes checked, excluding the ones to disable and for some reason the computer just won't work with the USA Computer voice.

I haven't called tech. support. They provided no answer regarding the map that would not load (the free one on TT2.0) stating that there would be a significant upgrade coming in January/February 08. I asked about voice recongnition and they say the USA 720 doesn't have it.

So anyone have troubles as well with their speech to text recognition, i.e. the computer option not working. All other voices work but the computer gave a level of detail so much better. I've been using the 2.0 with other voices and it works great. Somethings corrupt. Tempted to return to BestBuy and just start clean with a new unit.

No answers from tech support regarding the sticker over the SD slot saying no SD card needed. Tech support clearly stated all the good reasons one would need an SD card (travelling out of country) etc.

Main problem today is getting text to speech with computer voice working. Again all I get when I click my little lower right screen directions (visual) is the volume control with no voice. Oddly when I test the voice, she speaks!

So be it.

Ted:eek::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Try change to a non computer voice then back to a computer voice.
You can also try the clear flash tool.

Computer Voice Still Not Working

Hi Pedro and Co.

I wasn't clear enough in my original message. I'd mentioned I've used the other voices (loaded through home 2.0) without troubles.I've switched voices from non computer back to computer multiple times and it still won't toggle the computer voice back on. It just sits silent (with volume up at 70-100%). It's some bug in the system for sure.

Where can I find the "clear flash tool" ? I'll search this forum to see if it comes up with a viable link.

Thanks for responding.

Ted:confused:

Solution for Computer Voice Not Working

Google is good companion.

Prior to trying the flash fix (I still would love to know where to find this), I found a posting on google for older TomToms with Computer Voice.

As my machine is only 3 days old, I'm learning fast that these things go corrupt pretty fast.

I simply went in that Loquat folder and found out that all my files under susan, or some of them, had lower case first names..... example: voice.something CHANGE to Voice.something.

The convention in that folder is for all files to begin with a cap. It worked for me. Now I want to see if a British computer voice will work on the USA machine. (I'm a sucker for punishment).

I had this problem as well and the flash tool cleared it all up.

--Phil

Ask a Question