Any Verizon Wireless phones compatible?

I'm interested in using a bluetooth phone to gain access to the traffic data so I won't need the separate antenna. It doesn't appear any phones offered from Verizon are listed on tomtom's website list of supported phones. I'm wonder if anyone here has had success with Verizon Wireless issued phones?

I'm interested in using a bluetooth phone to gain access to the traffic data so I won't need the separate antenna. It doesn't appear any phones offered from Verizon are listed on tomtom's website list of supported phones. I'm wonder if anyone here has had success with Verizon Wireless issued phones?

Officially TomTom does not support Verizon, as they no longer have an agreement with them - at least that is what tech support told me a few weeks ago.

I posted this before and got it to work here it is again. "A" is most important and of coarse pairing is also important
A) confirm you have a data plan with verizon
B) pair the TomTom with your phone bluetooth wise
C) follow the following

1. Phone selection - other
2. Carrier selection - other
3. Access point - vzw3g
4. username - (phone number)@vzw3g.com
5. password - vzw
6. number to dial - #777 (delete what this window shows on the tomtom and put the #777in)
7.use DHCP auto
8. DNS auto
9. No scripts left blank for logon script

this should make the connection, test it to find weather information.
If you fail to make the traffic connection, you will have to call totom, and they will re-set your account (I had to do this). then all works fine.
If you have an unlimitted data plan, if is simply fantastic, much better than the antenna

The one sugestion I can make, is that do not let the tomtom update your route automatically to avoid traffic. I use it in Washington DC alot, and it simply goes crazy with updates at rush hour.

All i can say is that it is simply fantastic

I have an EnVee which works with Bluetooth!!

I posted this before and got it to work here it is again. "A" is most important and of coarse pairing is also important
A) confirm you have a data plan with verizon
B) pair the TomTom with your phone bluetooth wise
C) follow the following

1. Phone selection - other
2. Carrier selection - other
3. Access point - vzw3g
4. username - (phone number)@vzw3g.com
5. password - vzw
6. number to dial - #777 (delete what this window shows on the tomtom and put the #777in)
7.use DHCP auto
8. DNS auto
9. No scripts left blank for logon script

this should make the connection, test it to find weather information.
If you fail to make the traffic connection, you will have to call totom, and they will re-set your account (I had to do this). then all works fine.
If you have an unlimitted data plan, if is simply fantastic, much better than the antenna

The one sugestion I can make, is that do not let the tomtom update your route automatically to avoid traffic. I use it in Washington DC alot, and it simply goes crazy with updates at rush hour.

All i can say is that it is simply fantastic

Hey David
Are you saying this should work with any VZ phone with data plan. I have LG VX8300

Hey David
Are you saying this should work with any VZ phone with data plan. I have LG VX8300

The paring part, more than likely is product specific. however the conection part seems to be universal to contect to Verizon. please keep in mind that you must have 2 parts to make it work.
A: the data plan
B: they (Verizon) must enable tethering, this is also a separate charge.

Another point to keep in mind is that once you have contected to your phone if you have an unlimitted data plan then ok, however if you have a plan that is less than that, you will need to go into the settings on your TomTom and tell how often you want it to update the information, with less than an unlimitted plan it could get very costly. On a side note I have used both the phone and the antenna on several trips from MD to NY and MD to Pits. PA. the phone works constantly and has quicker and more accurate updates than the antenna.

since I have one of the problem bluetooth phones (Palm TREO700WX), what works best for me is

1) Turn Treo On
2) Turn on bluetooth headset (jawbone)
3) Turn on TOMTOM, set route, wait for or request traffic update

this way i have both the TOMTOM and my headset connected at the same time. Updates of traffic thru the phone, and when a call comes in I can answer on the Jawbone. When on the phone, you will not receive traffic information, you get the symbol that there is no connectionon the traffice bar. When you hang up on the call, just wait or hit update and you will update traffic.

DAvidJVC,
I used your info to connect it to my Blackberry Pearl last night. It works great.
Thanks!!!!!

DAvidJVC,
I used your info to connect it to my Blackberry Pearl last night. It works great.
Thanks!!!!!

you are welcome, please go back to the forum and report it on the bluetooth thread

I've tried with a Blackberry 8703 but it does not seem to report a DUN bluetooth profile. Any thoughts? I called and got modem tethering turned on today.

Got my Verizon LG VX8600 to work with my TT GO 720 today but haven't tried any plus services yet

For those trying to get a Blackberry 8703e to connect, I had to upload phone SW V4.2 and then I got the bluetooth DUN profile. All of the Plus options work now over Verizon CDMA. Cool.

Connecting Blackberry 8700 to traffic

On this phone I have unlimited access to the internet, but does that mean I have unlimited data plan? It is a corporate phone so I cannot change settings; well maybe.

Also, in runnig through the menu on the TomTom I cannot find the first item on the list; phone selection. Where might this be??

Hi, we're trying to get this traffic thing to work with our TT920t and a motorola krzr k1, to no avail. I think it's paired ok, bluetooth works to make and receive calls, but I think the problem is with our data plan. So what specific verizon data plan do I need? VZ navigator, verizon mobile web, or v-cast? and what about tethering? Verizon or TT CS isn't much help because they obviously don't like each other, so forum, you're my only hope

Last edited:
All of the newer plans will allow data for $1.99 per MB. If you can access the mobile web you have the datta access you need.

That said it's a matter of your phone supporting the bluetooth DUN profile and not all do. Without the bluetooth DUN profile you can't get to TomTom Plus from the GPS.

Check out HowardForums. You can find a lot of information on various phones and what profiles they support and what you might need to hack over to make DUN work.

Also check out Bluetooth: What Carrier's phones work and don't work: All models.

II called and got modem tethering turned on today.
This is unfortunate for me. After paying $90 per month for an unlimited data calling plan, I don't want to add another fee to my Verizon. If I do that, I may as well get a Verizon phone with a GSP. If someone comes up with a work around for the DUN part....now that would be exciting.
Joey

I am using a motorola V710. It works fine except I have been unable to retrieve the contacts from it. Otherwise works ok.

On a side note:
If you have verizon and have a data plan, any data plan you need to make sure you also have a Verizon tethering plan as well. with out tethering activated (sometime an additional $15.00 per month in the US). There is no way to conect. Tethering makes the phone available as a modem. So in short with verizon, you need to have two things, Tethering and Data.

I don't think that you HAVE to get the tethering feature. It depends on the phone. If you hack the phone to enable DUN I think it will work without the tethering feature. I could be wrong but that the info I've gotten from the guys on Howardforums.

My Go920T finally shipped from Amazon and will be here next week. I already talked to the Manager at a local Verizon store and they have no problem letting me test the TT on several of their demo phones as long as it not during there busy times of the day. I'll report back my findings.

Ask a Question