New Beta version of HOME 2.0

TomTom Model(s)
GO 910, ONE V2, GO 920 GO 730 & iPad TT App
http://www.tomtom.com/page.php?Page=home2beta&Lid=4&selector=true

Digital-Flex edit: Here are some screen shots in no particular order.

voices1.jpg

traffic4.jpg

traffic3.jpg

traffic2.jpg

traffic1.jpg

schemes.jpg

safety1.jpg

restore.jpg

poi.jpg

maps3.jpg

maps2.jpg

maps1.jpg

home2.jpg

home1.jpg

disconnect.jpg

backup1.jpg

backup.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
<sigh> For Windows only. You'd think that with the Mac version needing so much attention that they'd work on that first.
One of the reasons I bought a TomTom is because I heard their Mac support was better than the other manufacturers.

I'll bite, I have a few computers, so putting it on this one for the good of all TomTomMankind is fine with me.:D

The UI has changed completely to make it user friendly. It mimics the TT interface of the navigation software showing only a few options at a time with a More button on the bottom right.

I think I like it.

So is it "solid" or quirky.

What are the major differences? (Keep in mind that I don't even have my TomTom yet so I haven't even experienced the basic Home.)

Other than the the UI change, when I first connect my TT, HOME comes up and takes a lot longer to download updates. Anyone else notice this?
I have noticed it is a little slower than version 1, but not dramatically so. It may just be because the software is in a beta state. I have beta tested several different software products and they usually run slower than the final release because there is more debug information included in them. The final performance tuning may not have been completed yet either.

I noticed that too, I think they are playing the fact the their UI has a strong design.

I uninstalled it though because the update (for me at least) took awhile, and I wasn't comfortable using the BETA yet.

I'll probably just wait till the final version comes out.

For some reason, my "current location" is somewhere in the UK, and I can't figure out how to change it to my actual home location in the US. (This is using the emulator, of course)

Any ideas where to look? I'm sure it's staring me in the face somewhere...

For some reason, my "current location" is somewhere in the UK, and I can't figure out how to change it to my actual home location in the US. (This is using the emulator, of course)

Any ideas where to look? I'm sure it's staring me in the face somewhere...

What device are you using?

I can't even get it to run with my ONE. It tells me to download a component but I get an error about it not being available or something to that effect.

Also, apparently the BETA is suppose to be available to the UK and Holland according to the yournav article, which could explain why your location is in the UK.

Ask a Question