Costco - 1.2

Download and unzip to "USA_and_Canada" folder on the TomTom SD card.

Attachments

• Costco.zip
    6 KB · Views: 1,649
Download and unzip to "USA_and_Canada" folder on the TomTom SD card.
Hi Jason,

I appreciate your efforts with the forum, which is great BTW. I downloaded the Costco maps tonight to my TT910. I live in the San Jose area of CA, unfortunatley the nearest Costo POI from this download was >150 miles from me and I know that there is one that we frequesntly shop at within 5 miles of where I live. If you can provide instructions on how you setup there files that would be really useful or let me know if you ever are going to update the Cosco locations to more broader locations ?

Thanks

Andy

Update: 767 enteries
Revision 1.2
Unzip into your North America or US_Canada folder

Attachments

• Costco.zip
    19.5 KB · Views: 825
Last edited:
The computer asked it I wanted to replace an existing Costco file modified in 2008 (pre-loaded) with this one modified in 2007 (above). I put yes and I think that I overwrote the pre-loaded file which was newer? Now, I can't seem to get the old file back. I went back to my backup and can't find the pre-loaded file. Did I replace an updeated version with a new one? Thanks!

hmm, this is strang a the preloaded POIs are built within the poi.dat file and is not a .ov2 unless you had previously downloaded the custom POI.

Pedro, thanks for your response. Maybe you are right...I am new to all of this and have been looking for various POI files in the forum. I've downloaded so many already. Is this the most current database for Costco? If so, I will leave it alone.

Also, if I download POI files it looks like they don't override the existing ones pre-loaded on my TomTom? I won't end up with duplicates, will I? Thanks for your help!

I might have a newer raw list somewhere in my hard drive. I will look for it and generate the gps coordinates.

Thanks Pedro. I was just at my local Costco today in Fountain Valley, CA and realized that the point on the map was incorrect. The directions kept telling me to make a right on an unknown street, as I was making a left hand turn to acutally pull in the Costco parking lot.

I'm new to TomTom and was taking a look through the POIs available here and thought that 767 entries for Costco seemed like a lot - Costco only lists 388 stores in the US on their web site. Anyway, here's a POI set I compiled from Costco's web site using their store locator. All work was done today, so it should be current - so I know the data didn't get out of date while I was working on it. This list contains 388 US stores from Costco's store locator.

Each store listing contains a (G) in the name for stores with gas stations.

As with others, just unzip the contents into the appropriate directory for your US maps.

Attachments

• Costco.zip
    18.6 KB · Views: 607
Hi Mike,
Do you mind showing me how to create a POI (Category) with massive (in your case, it's 388) info (addresses)?
Was it one (or two) shot creating? or you manually entered 388 times for each?

Ask a Question