TT 1 sceen protector

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One v3
I was planning to buy those PDA screen protector and cut it myself. But those protector are thin, and may leave residue if you have to peel them out afterward, and of course, air bubblesssss.

So I went to a camera shop (Japan's camera) and buy one of their LCD screen protector, it works like a charm! Perfect fitting. I know its kinda expensive for a $10 screen protector, but I'll spend a little bit more then waiting for the online shipment.

The screen protector is a hard type film, and its a silicon base adhesion, so therefore, you can peel them out and re install them again without loosing any adhesivness (is that a word?) For the air bubble, its very very very easy to get rid of them, just use a credit card and slowly push them away.

The one I got is already cut to 3.5", so its exact perfect fit for my TT1 screen. Made in Japan, Pro Tama is the name.

ok, here's the pic that I take it as best as possible.

tt1-v.jpg

tt1-s.jpg

tt1.jpg

If you look at the screen real close, then it will look like water droplet on CRT screen.

digital-flex, yes those are the pictures with the screen protector on it.

So you didn't have to cut/modify it at all? I saw the brand you bought but I went with another one that was a little pricey. In the end I screwed up applying the protector and so I had to chuck it. The one I bought though wasn't a perfect fit. I had to cut a little bit of the edges and make round corners to sit perfectly in place.

Last edited:
yes, perfect fit. No cuttings required. I was doing it at a food court in the mall. Took me 5 mins to do them. Remember, clean the screen really good before applying, and use a credit card/bank card to push the air bubbles out.

yes, perfect fit. No cuttings required. I was doing it at a food court in the mall. Took me 5 mins to do them. Remember, clean the screen really good before applying, and use a credit card/bank card to push the air bubbles out.

Yup, I'll try and go tomorrow and see if I can pick one up tomorrow. I'll post pics if I'm succesful :)

I bought the package recommended by Nanase and I have to say it is a perfect fit for the TT1, no cutting/modifying of the protector what so ever.

It's great and I HIGHLY recommend it. It's a bit pricey for a piece of plastic but its worth getting to reduce wear and tear on the touch screen. Please forgive the quality of the pictures as I have an old 2 MP camera.

Front picture of the package
IMG_0009.jpg

Back of the package
IMG_0026.jpg

Instructions on how to install the protector
IMG_0011.jpg

The screen protector
IMG_0007.jpg

The screen protector applied when TT1 is off
IMG_0013.jpg

The screen protector applied when TT1 is on
IMG_0014.jpg