new version ofHOME is available: 2.5.0.29

25tt-1.jpg

Dunno why it's not showing up on U.S. servers yet.

Since it's a freely available upgrade....elsewhere GET IT HERE: http://www.4shared.com/file/73243604/c3ca817f/TomTomHOME2winlatest_2_.html?dirPwdVerified=1b36c0d5

At least one NA member here reported getting the dl this morning about 7am Eastern.

I wonder whether it has anything to do with whether a user has a 920 (NA AND European maps) vs. 720 owners with ONLY NA maps.

For the last few days every time I logged on home there were different issues with it e.g. asking for country etc etc. This AM It started downloading the 2.5 automatically. It was almost unnoticeable, down on the bottom right hand side of Home's home page.

I see Some nice improvements!

One more thing if you aren't aware this 2.5 will reset your
folder /preference back to default. You will need to edit if you aren’t using the default folders.

For the last few days every time I logged on home there were different issues with it e.g. asking for country etc etc. This AM It started downloading the 2.5 automatically. It was almost unnoticeable, down on the bottom right hand side of Home's home page.

I see Some nice improvements!

One more thing if you aren't aware this 2.5 will reset your
folder /preference back to default. You will need to edit if you aren?t using the default folders.

Untill you mentioned down in the corner, thats when I noticed the litte bugger downloading. Now installing 2.5

One neat feature about the new Home 2.5 I noticed is that now when you select "Disconnect Device," it disconnects it from Windows as well, so you no longer have to disconnect the device 2 times.

When I hit disconnect device from Home, the "safely remove icon" dissapears from Windows. Good work from TomTom so far :)

I downloaded it this afternoon here. I now have the option to 'use my activation or promotion code' and I didnt before. No idea what that is about but I will just ignore it I think. :)

So far so good here.

Installed the new version, and now the "operate my rider" function works. It would not work using the latest 7.901 application, but did work with the 7.541.

I reinstalled 7.901 and it works just dandy now.

Cheers!

The link that dhn lists to read more about this update has a number of posts about problems and errors when this new update runs. Is anyone here experiencing problems?

Before I install it I want to make sure it will not mess anything up. Sometimes it is better to leave well enough alone.

Users in that forum are experiencing better results today in downloading the new 2.5 software.

Should be ok to dl. I had no problems, for what it's worth.

No trouble here with 2.5

I see they organized a few things like the voices menu. I still really like the fact that I don't have to "safely remove device" 2 times anymore.

When I try to update my Go920 as it always does when you first connect it, I'm getting an error. Something to do with the Fuel Prices.

When I try to update my Go920 as it always does when you first connect it, I'm getting an error. Something to do with the Fuel Prices.

Here is the fix.

delete the Fuel_prices_USA__-_1_year_subscription folders in the TomTom\HOME\Download\complete\fuelprice folder.

then restart home and check for updates....you may again received the error....BUT then received the fuel price update.

That should be the last time you received the error.

Here is the fix.

delete the Fuel_prices_USA__-_1_year_subscription folders in the TomTom\HOME\Download\complete\fuelprice folder.

then restart home and check for updates....you may again received the error....BUT then received the fuel price update.

That should be the last time you received the error.

This is the error I'm getting in details:
ERROR: Internal/InvalidValue/#FuelTypeID: Invalid value: We're sorry, but HOME can't complete that task. Please try again later, or contact customer support. For problems with items that are stored on your device, we advise you to remove and re-install the item.
Couldn't extract any fuel type from the server response
Bad value: "http://num1.id.tomtom.com/11001" (type: string)

There were 13 different folders inside the fuelprices folder. I moved them all out, then it prompted me to buy it again. So, I put it back.

This is the error I'm getting in details:
ERROR: Internal/InvalidValue/#FuelTypeID: Invalid value: We're sorry, but HOME can't complete that task. Please try again later, or contact customer support. For problems with items that are stored on your device, we advise you to remove and re-install the item.
Couldn't extract any fuel type from the server response
Bad value: "http://num1.id.tomtom.com/11001" (type: string)

There were 13 different folders inside the fuelprices folder. I moved them all out, then it prompted me to buy it again. So, I put it back.

that's the error....the folders to delete are the ones marked

Fuel_prices_USA__-_1_year_subscription inside of the fuelprice folder located

C:\Documents and Settings\?????\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Download\complete

sorry to read that didn't solve the problem....it should have.

Could be a glitch in TomTom's servers........

Happens (too frequently :eek: )

Try later.

that is what I thought when I first installed 2.5 yesterday and received the error.

kept using home and kept getting the error over the next 24 hours.

reinstalled home 2.4 and updated fine without errors.

deleted the folders as stated above and reinstalled home2.5 and all was well after the first use of 2.5.

Ask a Question