Just bought the TomTomONE 125 and have ?'s...

I've been seeing it advertised non-stop on TV and have been thinking about getting a GPS device, so I went out and bought it. I've only played around with it for a little bit, but I do have some questions...

First, what is the difference between the 125 and the 130? I've compared them on various websites and even played with both in the store but couldn't figure out a difference other than the 130 cost $50 more than the 125. I know the 130S has the TTS ability, but to me that's not worth $199 when it seems to be the only difference over the 125 which only cost me $89 ($99 + $10 off coupon!)

Another question is, what is wrong with TomTomHOME?? I've followed the instructions and hooked my GPS up to my PC (running Vista) and it never completes the download. I've even searched for the standalone file from TomTom's website and it won't let me download it from there...keeps saying that it's "timed out". I did find an older 2.1 version, but it won't let me do anything with it and keeps telling me I don't have an internet connection when trying to update automatically to 2.4...any suggestions?

The last question (for now) is, why is the 125 only $99? What features is it missing that the $200-$600+ models have? I could care less about traffic updates and weather updates...I can get all that on my phone.

The 125 is, as I understand, similar to a 130 except it only has maps of the US, not Canada.

Try again with the dl of the Home application from the website. you'll need it if you ever need to update your map.

Looks like their site is down...I'm finally getting an error message when going to any of the links on their site. I wish they would've shown that a couple of hours ago when I was messing around with it! I started to get frustrated; lol.

How does TomTom compare to Garmin when it comes to features, customer service, functionality, etc? I only ask because I'm sure someone here has used both :)

Also, is there any way to add/"hack" the 125 to have the TTS functionality?

There is no hack available for the 125 that I'm aware of.

I haven't used a Garmin but have seen enough posts on other boards from those who have. It's like anything else. If you have a good experience when you need help from either TT or Garmin, you'll rate Customer Service high for that company.

What is memory capacity on TOMTOM ONE 125? If I want to add Canada will it fit? I can't find info about memory size.
I am thinking of buying 125 as a gift, but want to add Canada to US map.
Thanks.

Space

What is memory capacity on TOMTOM ONE 125? If I want to add Canada will it fit? I can't find info about memory size.
Thanks.

About one gig. You can check your available space via tomtom home software. out of the box with the pre loaded maps i have over 900 meg available.

Thanks.

Then consider a 130. Comes with US & Canada maps.

I had TOMTOM 130, but left it in Florida the other day for visiting out of country relatives to use. Still have all maps as a back up.
Thanks MyTomTom for info on 125 capacity.

Ask a Question