Test Locations To See If Mapshare Is Working For You

TomTom Model(s)
GO 910, ONE V2, GO 920 GO 730 & iPad TT App
Let use this thread to post corrections you have made so others may verify if they are valid or not.

Other members should also contribute to the corrections and upload them to TomTom via Map Share for best results.

Please post the following:
  • GPS coordinates: best if used with the standard degree format.
    example:
    N 33.80693
    W 117.91527
  • description of the error
  • description of the change
  • Your map version

Only post corrections here. Questions or comments will be deleted to keep thread organized.

Last edited:
Ok I start, the goal is to flood Home of a given correction, as they told me on the phone they do corrections that many people report. I suggest 5 or more people try reporting this one to see if it is true that they do corrections because of quantity of people report that error. If so, numbers speak, we could use it as a tool to get your errors fixed way faster that if you are the only one to report it.
Canada_USA map XLS.

Report Other error.
Missing street.
On map, Find, Latitude Longitude, coord N45.54435 W73.46621
Make sur the end of the street goes south of Boul Cure-Poirier E. just a little bit (it is a tiny street)
Enter correct street name: Rue Des Tamias
StreeType: OTHER
Not tool road.
2 way streets.
Is this change permanent ... yes.

If 5 or more people report it today, maby we will see result with in 2 weeks, maby earlier. I will let you know. If it work, mabye we can fix things faster that way, and if someone what programmation skills, he can build us a software to create corrections faster.

PS: To see if the change worked out, place it in favorite or POI and check it once in a while.

Ok it is a missing street. I place a new picture.:)

Attachments

• tamias.gif
    tamias.gif
    17.3 KB · Views: 589
  • t.jpg
    t.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 524
Last edited by a moderator:
Map: 7.10.1575
N: 40.51946
W: 80.13071

Kilbuck St is marked one way from Rt 65 to Deer Run Rd. This 'one-way' is incorrect and the road is open to traffic in both directions.

Map 7.10.1575
N: 40.53511
W: 80.18570

Sewickly Bridge/River St is an elevated deck to/from the bridge. If heading North on Sewickley Bridge/River St the unit incorrectly wants you to turn left onto Chadwick St. This turn is not possible. No turns are possible at this point as the road is elevated.

Last edited:
Map 7.10.1575
N: 40.51835
W: 80.13092

Kilbuck St heading South to Rt. 65. There is a right turn missing allowing you to head North on Rt.65

The map only has an option for a left turn to head South on Rt. 65.

Canada map
City Longueuil

N45?32 364 w73?29 561?

Other corection, that street can't turn left on Rue Du Roussillon.

Map 7.10.1575
N: 40.53511
W: 80.18570

Sewickly Bridge/River St is an elevated deck to/from the bridge. If heading North on Sewickley Bridge/River St the unit incorrectly wants you to turn left onto Chadwick St. This turn is not possible. No turns are possible at this point as the road is elevated.

It looks like TeleAtlas has incorporated this change into their data and released it...It now seems to show as an overpass in the TeleAtlas data via Google Maps at http://maps.forum.nu/gm_main.html....so...it should be in the next release of maps to TT.

I've added several VTA Lightrail stations in San Jose, CA (none of these existed on the map before):

VTA Light Rail - Champion Station
N 37.40945
W 121.95274

VTA Light Rail - Lick Mill Station
N 37.40769
W 121.96341

VTA Light Rail - Tasman Station
N 37.40822
W 121.94415

VTA Light Rail - Old Ironside Station
N 37.40334
W 121.97928

VTA Light Rail - Great America Station
N 37.40349
W 121.97512

Map version: 710.1576

Sent these in a week or two ago.

North_American...map....v805.1801

Titusville, Florida....32870

Orlando Road is " REALLY " named Cheney Hwy.

Lived here 44 years and nevered heard it called or seen it marked as " Orlando Road "....although back in the day it was the only local way to get to Orlando, Florida.

PSJ aka Marc

Hi! As I understand in US does not much places yet where yu can see ALG imagies. I am in Russia, in Moscow did not find such places at all, just sometimes I can see lanes on the left bottom corner.

IMG_0195.jpg

I have one question, is there just static imagies or somwhere are dynamic? If so pls give me coordinates.

And when I connect my Go930 to PC TomTom HOME says that the map I use does not support ALG, have you seen this screen?

I blocked this road 9 months ago omn Map Share, as it is not a road, it is a driveway. With the update to the version 8 maps, it is still not removed from the map, and when I updated my Map Share on the new maps, it is still not blocked. I thought that my map correction from 9 months ago should have made it into the Map Share database and been downloaded into everyone's TTs. I guess I was wrong.

N 44?41'16", W 73?33'54"

W 97.38279

Error: Main St incorrectly shown to curve to the south and to intersect Hwy 95 at an oblique angle, at the same location where Avenue C intersects Hwy 95.

Change reported: In fact, Main St. runs roughly parallel to Avenue C. Main St. intersects Hwy 95 at a right angle, directly across Hwy95 from Wildcat Drive, a block north of Avenue C.

My map USA_and_Canada version 815.2022

Note that the previous version of the USA_and_Canada map did NOT have this error.

The error can be seen on Google Maps' satellite view (show labels) and street view, since Google uses Teleatlas in this part of the world.

The error can be seen on Google Maps' satellite view (show labels) and street view, since Google uses Teleatlas in this part of the world.
Yeah, I realize it isn't the case for everyone, but the switch to Teleatlas introduced Many errors into Google's maps for my locale in Eastern MD.

That other provider, while not as up-to-date, was definitely more accurate, here.

Ask a Question