TomTom One 3rd Edition - Can't change Car Symbol

Same for me when i start the program i get the same message. After is says no cursor you can the ones i have in the folder but they are grey?

Last edited:
For the ppl couldn't get it to work, i had the same thing with it being grey i got it to work... uninstall the program---then MAKE SURE your tomtom is connected and then reinstall the program ....

For the ppl couldn't get it to work, i had the same thing with it being grey i got it to work... uninstall the program---then MAKE SURE your tomtom is connected and then reinstall the program ....

One point for ctxx24 !!!!! That solved my issue and now I'm a happy camper...you are the man!

When I tried to install the program by running the .exe, it asked me to install the .net2, but I cancelled that. I then double clicked on the file TomTomHeavenXplorer.application which I had also unzipped to the same directory. This allowed me (I believe) to directly install the program without the .net, and it worked fine installing the new cursor.

Thanks for the tips on this thread, great application!

Going from bad to worse, tried all the suggestions, fresh install, now I get this:

TomTomHeavenXplorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Can't get to work at all now.:mad:

Going from bad to worse, tried all the suggestions, fresh install, now I get this:

TomTomHeavenXplorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Can't get to work at all now.:mad:

Does it generate a log file? If so, let me know what the log says...

Can changing the icon on a one le be done without ttheaven? I have read all posts around here and seems no one has been able to do it without ttheaven...but this admin in this fourm says you dont need it and seems to be mr. no it all....http://www.gpsreview.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2971

There is no icon by default in the TomTom ONE LE to perform this function (a couple of the higher end models do have this icon). I haven't found anywhere else that shows a way to change this cursor other than the ttheaven program....and believe me, I have searched a LOT!

I also have a walk-through on my TomTom Webpage of goodies I created:
Car Icon Walk through
Nice job with the Web page.

Two things I would add are:

- Try executing the application (after unzipping of course) but without installing it. All the installation seems to do is to install .net 2 en fran?ais, which could disrupt a version that might already exist on one’s computer. It did on mine, and it took me a few days to get things back to normal.

- Use the TomTomHeavenXplorer_1_0_0_21.application version of the app. For some reason the zip file contains that plus an earlier version. At least it did when I downloaded it last week.

Last edited:
Finally got his to work...I noticed that there is a newer version of the TTExplorer program on the site...http://www.ozpoi.com/Change_tomtom_g...ar_symbol.html
1.0.0.0.48 versus .31 which I used just a few days ago. I loaded it up on a different computer than before and voila works first time. No muss no fuss. Changed the icon to a Ferrari and thats that...cool. Thanks for the help...:)

Ask a Question